Greetings,

I'm writing in regards to Guitar Pro tablature and sheet music. While I love this format, and it's versatility, I find it cumbersome to work with, because many of the tabs I find on this site and others are extremely long transcriptions, completely devoid of any proper musical direction signs that guitar pro apparently supports, resulting in enormous transcriptions often spanning as much as 200 pages when printed.

I am wondering if there is any way to shrink these down, so that they resemble commercially available sheet music (IE, usually under 20 pages)? Does adding musical direction markers such as coda, ds al fine etc, not work properly in guitar pro, or is it just that most people transcribe the whole song and do not bother to add in the music direction signs and repeats to prevent unnecessary repetition? I'm just curious as to whether or not there is a way to add that manually for certain measures, or to edit the files adding in direction to make them more manageable.

Aside from that gripe, I am grateful for all the great tab on this site, especially the incredible tabs in the guitar pro format!

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Not all tabs are like this, you could always edit the tabs the way you want it like many others do?
Does adding musical direction markers such as coda, ds al fine etc, not work properly in guitar pro

No.

or is it just that most people transcribe the whole song and do not bother to add in the music direction signs and repeats to prevent unnecessary repetition?

Yes.
I'm just curious as to whether or not there is a way to add that manually for certain measures, or to edit the files adding in direction to make them more manageable.

Yes.

I am grateful for all the great tab on this site, especially the incredible tabs in the guitar pro format!

Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
I tried displaying in page view, which only shows one track at a time. This sort of does the trick, empty measure are show really small which results in each instrument only taking a few pages. The only problem is, I'd have to print each instrument sheet individually. I was hoping to be able to display them all in multitrack view and somehow shrink it down, but it then tells me the multi track view is 70 pages!

If it's helpful for a visual, the transcription I'm working with is for the song "Liar" by the almighty Queen, which I found on this site. I suppose I could print each of Brian's guitar parts individually and just learn when to play what by looking at the measure numbers, but I was hoping to be able to display in a score format without pushing 70 pages. If anyone has any advice on settings, or changes I could make in the software to rectify this, I would be most grateful. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Justin