with that same equipment, i could command a small nation.
Quote by rorypearce
"Orange amp owners unite"?

......form of... Tiny terror

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
:|

Also, I'm a terrible singer. Since we did that we aqcuired 3 other members including this singer who is amazing but we havent recorded yet O:
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

listened to the first song, it's the aural equivalent of injecting vomit into my ears.
Quote by rorypearce

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
Quote by rorypearce
listened to the first song, it's the aural equivalent of injecting vomit into my ears.

well dont let that discourage you from the second one.. it's very different..
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

Quote by injected
well dont let that discourage you from the second one.. it's very different..

yeah i listened to that, it's different, yet somehow the same!? also really well done on taking my abuse on the chin, not many people would.
Quote by rorypearce

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
Quote by rorypearce
yeah i listened to that, it's different, yet somehow the same!? also really well done on taking my abuse on the chin, not many people would.

well criticism is criticism,, especially on weird techno-y music with some dude singing in falsetto.. so i cant blame you lol. its not everybodys cup of tea

Quote by godisasniper
The unfinished new song is actually seriously awesome...really cool riff.

thank you, i got bored and i found out how to use tap tempo on delay (ive never used it before) then it just kind of materialized in my head.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Quote by injected
well criticism is criticism,, especially on weird techno-y music with some dude singing in falsetto.. so i cant blame you lol. its not everybodys cup of tea

thank you, i got bored and i found out how to use tap tempo on delay (ive never used it before) then it just kind of materialized in my head.

Yeah i like techno but the keyboard is a bit Lo-Fi for my liking, and the guitar parts seem to just blur into insignificanse, still keep on trying.
Quote by rorypearce

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
Quote by rorypearce
Yeah i like techno but the keyboard is a bit Lo-Fi for my liking, and the guitar parts seem to just blur into insignificanse, still keep on trying.

Oh, i get that. I didnt like it either. I recorded it it wrong in audacity, and the gain/volumes are screwed up on everything. The distortion actually comes from clipping on the computer, it's very harsh. Keyboard is a beginner casio, so theres your lofi.. lol. I was going to re-record all the guitar parts with my mesa miced up but i never got the chance.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Quote by injected
Oh, i get that. I didnt like it either. I recorded it it wrong in audacity, and the gain/volumes are screwed up on everything. The distortion actually comes from clipping on the computer, it's very harsh. Keyboard is a beginner casio, so theres your lofi.. lol. I was going to re-record all the guitar parts with my mesa miced up but i never got the chance.

Shaping up to be quite interesting then, kinda reminds me a bit of the big pink.
Quote by rorypearce

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
With some decent production values Nerdy could be cool. As it is now the vocals feel completely disjointed from the rest of the track (and I don't just mean that they're out of key). I like the main synth-driven riff though. Too bad it dominates so much that the chorus feels like a bit of a letdown when it arrives.

Untitled new is too loose to merit attention IMO. Come back when the idea is firmly rooted and married to a kick-ass beat and it might work.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
I agree with ebon00 on Nerdy. It has potential. Except for the screams, haha, didn't like when that happened very much. Could use lower vocals and more bassss, think "Kids" by MGMT. Could use a cool synth melody type thing to use for chorus/intro needs.

And that other song: very different than the first, haha, but good. Don't give up on developing that one, could turn into something you become very proud of.

I have a new song up if you have time to listen to it - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1213303
I re-recorded all guitar tracks for nerdy properly, no more fizzy clipping distortion.

Also adjusted all the gains and normalized everything and added some bass to certain parts. You can hear the synth on the chorus now. i think it sounds much fuller.

i re-added it to the profile under nerdy(fixed), if anyone wants to give it a whirl
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Quote by injected
Also adjusted all the gains and normalized everything and added some bass to certain parts. You can hear the synth on the chorus now. i think it sounds much fuller.

Never normalize, it does nothing for the track. Mix it properly instead. The chorus sounds better but it needs some small synth line or something to get that lift it needs. And the vocals really need pitch correction or to be re-done by one of the new members. Overall the mix lacks clarity and punch, some of it is because the guitars take up too much room while still having almost no midrange.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News
Quote by ebon00
Never normalize, it does nothing for the track. Mix it properly instead. The chorus sounds better but it needs some small synth line or something to get that lift it needs. And the vocals really need pitch correction or to be re-done by one of the new members. Overall the mix lacks clarity and punch, some of it is because the guitars take up too much room while still having almost no midrange.

What can I do instead of normalizing? What happened before was, in I'd start everything out at 0 gain, and I'd have to amplify to get certain parts to be at the right volume level, due to some of them having louder input levels than other (guitar versus the vocals for example). After a while I'd get the sound I want, but it caused something terrible to happen. Sometimes when there was too much sound, i'd get static clipping in and out of the song that isn't supposed to be there. After I normalized everything the static disappeared and it was alot more clear. I don't know any other way to solve that problem other than normalizing.. it brings everything to the same volume and i'd gain or lose a few db to get everything in after that.

Also, the synth line is there, it's just very low... you can hear it if you listen for it. Crap though, I forgot about that. I thought I had turned it up a little bit..

Yeah vocals suck I know haha. im trying to shrug them off right now until I can record our actual vocalist ..

I think I see what you're saying about the guitars. They took up too much space.. I tried to compensate for the emptyness by just recording 2 tracks stereo and adding more bass freqs. How do I get it to mix better?

BTW thanks for being really critical about things, I always like to improve things but sometimes i don't know how.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Last edited by injected at Oct 11, 2009,