Hello good people,

I'm been playing for about 16 months now, and I think I'm getting really good, or at least that's what people tell me. I have this Crate GTD65 combo amp, and this Ibanez RG5EX1, but I have this funky buzz either coming from my guitar or amp! the only way to cut the buzz out, is when I have my guitar in the 6'o clock position! (facing to the floor) If I have it in the 4'o clock (or higher [facing the ceiling or to a wall]!) position, the buzz gets only louder, I really have no idea what's happening here!!!
It's your cable. I'd know, I had the same problem.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by GermanGTD65
My Cable? it's a Monster Cable! What other cable should I get then?

It's a monster cable? Ok, it might still be your cable but now I doubt it. Monster cables are really solid. Your best bet now would be to try your guitar through a different amp to see if it does the same thing.
dude, my cables are Monsters too. They just do that. What you need is a cable with the solid metal ends (in other words, the jack is like this:
(Invalid img)).
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Oct 10, 2009,
Quote by intentionsthere
It's a monster cable? Ok, it might still be your cable but now I doubt it. Monster cables are really solid. Your best bet now would be to try your guitar through a different amp to see if it does the same thing.

Crap! it's the only amp I got, and I can't go down to guitar center just to see if that's the problem!
Quote by oneblackened
dude, my cables are Monsters too. They just do that. What you need is a cable with the solid metal ends (in other words, the jack is like this:
(Invalid img)).

so i need a stronger/sturdier cable like that?
Pretty much. I need one of those too, I'm not nice to my cables at all.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
hahaha, i just checked my cable, and it has taking quite the beating, thankyou very much good sire! BTW, what cable should i get?
I would suggest getting a mogami cable-best cables ever IMO and many others opinions.