Is it just me or is this the most versatile pedal ever? I used it primarily for its namesake for a while but then I stopped playing metal and quickly found it to be a good overdrive pedal, and now I use it as my fuzzbox! What are the craziest things you've been able to do with this pedal?
It's the most versatile pedal ever if you only listen to metal and its derivations. It helps if you shove cotton wool into your ears too.
Quote by EarthenSonata
Is it just me or is this the most versatile pedal ever? I used it primarily for its namesake for a while but then I stopped playing metal and quickly found it to be a good overdrive pedal, and now I use it as my fuzzbox! What are the craziest things you've been able to do with this pedal?

I managed to get a refund
ohai little sig.
Quote by EarthenSonata

I managed to pour gasoline on it, light it on fire, and then return it saying that it did that to itself after becoming self-aware.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I lvoe my MT-2 and also I love my Digitech Grunge :/ i don't see the problem xD
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
my brothers had on for while. when ii first got into guitar i thought it was awesome, now i got a sansamp GT-2 i'd use the mt-2 as a replacement to shoot with a shotgun so as not to waste clay like that.
i can only use my MD-2 with my EQ or it sounds like a$$

i cant imagine what a metal zone must be like.

oh and also

successful troll is [sort of] successful.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I heard it sucked, and got the Heavy Metal HM-2 Boss pedal, and now I'm disappointed.
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
MT-2 Is tha best Pedal evar,i use it through my Line 6 spider 3 beast and im sound like Ultra Metal God,it just soooo tight with my spider.i put it on insane chaneel with all eh knobz tunr wayz up,when i hit a cohrd,itz maek teh best sound evar
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
sarcasm fail ^

coming from a sept. 09er it sound like you ain't kiddin'!

lols. anyway, thats been done so much already recently its just not funny.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

I thought mine sucked ass, I only got it because it gave *better* distortion than my MG..
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Quote by Crizzle
I lvoe my MT-2 and also I love my Digitech Grunge :/ i don't see the problem xD

You sir, deserve the facepalm fullsatack! But the image limit will not allow such a block of phail so you get a halfstack, which is a failed fullstack which gets my point across nicely.

TS, the craziest thing I did was to sell that ****e to some other unsuspecting n00b who wanted to play teh br00talzz with their new ultrabr00talzBossmetalzonez!
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

So then what should we be getting instead? digitech death metal pedal?
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
Quote by Silver-spear94
i can only use my MD-2 with my EQ or it sounds like a$$

i cant imagine what a metal zone must be like.

oh and also

successful troll is [sort of] successful.

Me too. WAY too bassy, and you need the tone knob dimed for any treble edge.
Mine eats batteries, too.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
The stock MT-2 sounds like ass, but with the Monte Allums mod, it ****ing rocks.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Clay-man

An amp geared towards metal.

Or maybe a pedal that does not claim to be a "metal" pedal since most of them are awful. Blackstar HT-DistX is pretty good.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Quote by MatrixClaw
The stock MT-2 sounds like ass, but with the Monte Allums mod, it ****ing rocks.

Or the Keeley mods, as well. Any reputable mods, really, to replace the substandard Boss stock circuitry.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Based on clips I've heard, the Hardwire and Danelectro metal pedals sound pretty good. I know gearmandude from Youtube has reviewed a lot of metal pedals, so you can probably check from some of his videos if you want to hear some.
Quote by BaffAttack
Or the Keeley mods, as well. Any reputable mods, really, to replace the substandard Boss stock circuitry.

I didn't like the Keeley one I tried, Allums' mod is better IMO
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

I didn't like the Keeley one I tried, Allums' mod is better IMO

Fair enough, but we can agree that the Keeley mods improve it from the stock, right? It's not your cup of tea, but it does make it much more viable as a part of persons rig.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
Fair enough, but we can agree that the Keeley mods improve it from the stock, right? It's not your cup of tea, but it does make it much more viable as a part of persons rig.

Definitely
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
tone is subjective.

is the metal zone production line prone to breakdowns and malfunctions? no.

are the results that the metal zone produces waay out of the sonically and acoustically accepted region for distortion pedals? no.

i owned a metal zone along side a metal muff for awhile. although i favoured the metal muff in the end, i knew that the metal zone still had usable metal tones.

i doubt many of you here have even owned a metalzone or played one. calling the TS a troll just because of your own ignorant, personal opinions is absolutely disgraceful to this forum.

Quote by ze monsta
Troll...

absolutely disgraceful to this forum.
I owned one. It took me forever to get a passable tone out of it, and I had to shape it heavily with an EQ after it to really get it there, and it was still kinda overly harsh and "box of angry bees-ish."

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Clay-man

if it says death metal or even metal in the title for a distortion, it usually sucks for metal, of the ones i've tried. get a used sansamp GT-2 i did its ****ing awesome. i recommend it to everyone
Quote by daryle_goh
tone is subjective.

are the results that the metal zone produces waay out of the sonically and acoustically accepted region for distortion pedals? no.

i owned a metal zone along side a metal muff for awhile. although i favoured the metal muff in the end, i knew that the metal zone still had usable metal tones.

i doubt many of you here have even owned a metalzone or played one. calling the TS a troll just because of your own ignorant, personal opinions is absolutely disgraceful to this forum.

amen
+1
Quote by daryle_goh
tone is subjective.

Hmm...for an 05'er you're not very up on current UG trends....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by daryle_goh
tone is subjective.

I owned one, and the Metalcore. Both sucked. Everyone who played with my pedals agreed they sucked, as did everyone listening to me play at the time

Tone maybe subjective but surely if a large consensus of players agree that actually it sounds like ass then there must be something wrong with it.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

well...at first people thought a solidbody electric guitar(and then bass) wouldnt work. same as pretty much any innovation ever. im not saying its a ground breaking pedal, but just because a bunch of 11 year olds say it sucks doesn't meen its a bad pedal. but like you said, tone is subjective
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.