If you go to a random store and buy an iPhone 3Gs without having any activation with AT&T or anything, will the whole thing be blocked? Or only the phone mode?

Thank you!
It won't work without the sim card.

Get an iTouch if you're only interested in the apps.
Why do people call it an iTouch? It's an iPod Touch. It's never been branded as an iTouch.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
excuse me?
i dont have a clue what youre talking about
gargle gargle
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
Quote by migueltherocker
Why do people call it an iTouch? It's an iPod Touch. It's never been branded as an iTouch.

Because it's a lot easier.
Isn't there a massive thread about Iphones and Ipods etc?

The decent iPod/iPhone help thread.
IIRC
a little lost.....
If you buy from a store without activation, it'll be unlocked except for making phone calls, internet, text messaging, email, IM, etc etc. anything that has to do with a wireless service will be disconnected, everything else works fine.

Just compare your question to say, a regular Razr phone.
If it isn't activated, only the calling, texting, and interwebz are off.
You can still go through and play its demo games and that nonsense.

Have a nice day

EDIT: I agree with said user above, if you just want the apps, get the iTouch.
(btw iTouch is like an unofficial, but widely accepted term for the iPod Touch, its easier and works because it's in its own class).
Last edited by MrDURPEEDURP at Oct 10, 2009,
If you buy a locked iPhone there are ways to unlock it. It will work fine. It will lock itself again though if you update the OS on it. Then you can just unlock it again... it is a bit of a bother though.

I bought an unlocked iPhone without any contract and I use my old sim in it. It works perfectly fine (with any sim)... the only thing u can't use is visual voicemail (which i wouldn't have used anyways. normal voicemail is obviously still available).
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...