K so I'm bassist, but I started on guitar. I haven't played in a while but I'm thinkin of getting a new guitar so I can start playing more/ Recording.
I play Jazz, Death Metal, Progressive metal and Funk.
I was thinkin maybe ESP (cause that's the type of bass I have) But I'm not sure.
Any suggestions?
HSS Strat for something that diverse. Or maybe one of the HSH/HSS RG Ibanez. Totally depnds on the price range though.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Quote by jeffc313
HSS Strat for something that diverse. Or maybe one of the HSH/HSS RG Ibanez. Totally depnds on the price range though.

Don't think a HSS strat would do metal very well, I mean I don't know but it's a strat after all.
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by falconthefirst
Don't think a HSS strat would do metal very well, I mean I don't know but it's a strat after all.

It could if you change the bridge pickup but you would be screwed since alot of death metal bands use the very upper frets to solo and most strats only have 21 frets.
sg?
Tokai SG in Ebony

Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top with Honeyburst Finish

Vox ValveTronix 15

Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote by 3volved
I'm a 'single-cut slut'...gotta go with the EC-1000.
Quote by falconthefirst

HSS strats have a humbucker. Your amp will determine whether you'll be able to do metal on a strat or not. My EJ strat handles metal just fine, and its an SSS setup.

TS: We need to know your current gear and your price range. For your genres, however, getting the right amp for all of those will determine the overall sound, while you'll want a guitar that feels right to you, as you can just change the pickups to your liking.
Hmmm a lot depends on the amount of cash you are willing to part with. Jazz to Death metal?? That is more about the amp then the guitar really. You can play any style on any guitar.Anyone that thinks and more so says other wise is a moron. HSS Strat is ok IMNSHO but, sounds nothing like a strat or a LP is that is the tone you are after. That said if the budget is around $300.00 US look into the Epiphone Wilshire. A great guitar for the money. As for strats there are millions floating around in all price ranges both used and new. You can do much worse then a MIM strat. One thing I will preach till blue in the face is TRY BEFORE YOU BUY!! Nothing is worse then paying hard earned money for a guitar you absolutely hate. Buying sight unseen is an invitation to that. Just because netbozo666 says that a guitar is the best thing since sliced bread does not mean you will like it at all.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Quote by corrda00
K sorry im a bit late responding :P

My price range is 100-400

I hate Fenders and Ibanez
And I don't have money for Gibson.

Check out a Schecter Omen extreme, 24 frets, very versatile, and great neck all for $400.