Anyone been (on the UK or european tour)? Who was the best band on the night? Im looking forward to it tomorrow.
DT obvsl.

But Bigelf surprised me in awesomeness. Opeth were having some gear problems, but they still made me jizz in my pants.

Unexpect is... Something else entirely.

Where are you watching them?
Quote by Våd Hamster
DT obvsl.

But Bigelf surprised me in awesomeness. Opeth were having some gear problems, but they still made me jizz in my pants.

Unexpect is... Something else entirely.

Where are you watching them?

glasgow. i am looking forward to unexpect. its seems they arent giving much time or stage space to even opeth.
DT and Opeth just blew me away. Nothing more to say.

Bigelf was good but I wasn't familiar with their music since before, and they had some pretty **** sound quality in some places... Still, solid performance.

I missed Unexpect unfortunately.
I went to the show in Stockholm. The best band was, hands down, Unexpect. Then Opeth, Bigelf and DT was the least best band. They were pretty boring. All theother acts had really good energy and stage presence.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
I missed most of unexpect as well, but what I heard was pretty good. But then again, I enjoy Behold...The Arctopus

And yeah, they didn't get a lot of time... 45-60 mins for everyone but DT or so?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I missed most of unexpect as well, but what I heard was pretty good. But then again, I enjoy Behold...The Arctopus

And yeah, they didn't get a lot of time... 45-60 mins for everyone but DT or so?

Probably, although it felt like less.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

An Abstract Illusion
Unexpect were bloody awful.

Opeth were on top form, as were Dream Theater.

Bigelf were okay, though they should probably stop stealing Black Sabbath riffs before someone cottons on...
Quote by Våd Hamster

uneXpect and Bigelf get 30 mins, Opeth get an hour and DT get an hour and a half if I'm not mistaken.

And yeah, I'm really looking forward to uneXpect, I know DT and Opeth are going to be awesome.
Quote by andyscoot
Unexpect were bloody awful.

Opeth were on top form, as were Dream Theater.

Bigelf were okay, though they should probably stop stealing Black Sabbath riffs before someone cottons on...

I highly disagree.

An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..
I highly disagree.

Were you living in opposite land?

You might not like them, but they put on an excelent show, and they have a huge stage presence, and they involve the crowd a lot more.

All we got from Unexpect was 'thank you London' at a MANCHESTER show and extremely boring music with next to no stage presence at all.
Quote by andyscoot

I said the exact same thing when I saw them.

Hmmm, Orange stack, Gibson SG, is that Toni Iommi up there?
Quote by andyscoot

Aye, that's what my bandmates said as well, although I've never really heard any BS so I wouldn't know
One of their songs is note for note the song Black Sabbath too

You know after the big intro riff and it goes a bit quieter but he's still playing the main riff...exactly that
Quote by buckethead_jr
uneXpect and Bigelf get 30 mins, Opeth get an hour and DT get an hour and a half if I'm not mistaken.

And yeah, I'm really looking forward to uneXpect, I know DT and Opeth are going to be awesome.

That only lets then play 3 songs

Also, at the DK show the techs totally raped the bass and everyone wished for more guitar.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Also, at the DK show the techs totally raped the bass and everyone wished for more guitar.

They did that in MN! It was only for Scale the Summit though which I don't think they went on into the europe tour. But they had a guitarist soloing through half of their set and you couldn't hear 90% of what he was playing because the bass was too loud.
Quote by andyscoot
Were you living in opposite land?

You might not like them, but they put on an excelent show, and they have a huge stage presence, and they involve the crowd a lot more.

All we got from Unexpect was 'thank you London' at a MANCHESTER show and extremely boring music with next to no stage presence at all.

Maybe Progressive Nation had an opposite day when I saw them, since it was pretty much the other way around.

An Abstract Illusion
I saw this tour last year. Dream Theater should have just not played at all and let everyone else player longer. Goddamn they're a boring band.
Quote by ..NEM..
Maybe Progressive Nation had an opposite day when I saw them, since it was pretty much the other way around.

They were just a boring band show wise, i've yet to listen to them on studio, but like they involved nothing of the crowd, were more interested in headbanging and doing strange dances and then also didn't even know where the hell they were playing. That all equals a bad live band for me.
Quote by Korosu
I saw this tour last year. Dream Theater should have just not played at all and let everyone else player longer. Goddamn they're a boring band.

But they did play In the Name of God.

An Abstract Illusion
...well it was a good show, Unexpect were very good despite hardly anyone there, Big Elf were about as original as something very unoriginal, Opeth were very good but seemed not in the mood. Dream Theater were not what they once were (but i saw them 3 times before in the 90s so i cant grumble).
Oh my this thread has mixed opinions. I saw the Toronto show in August (I know this is about the European tour, but whatever) and I am entirely surprised by everyone in this threads praise of Bigelf. They were by far the worst band I have ever seen play live. Scale the Summit, Zappa Plays Zappa and Dream Theater were all phenominal though.

And I'm jelous that DT played In The Name Of God in other shows, they didn't at the show I was at The Camera Eye cover was really cool though.
Quote by lespaul1216

Vampiric Lord99: you sir, are my hero
Quote by Vampiric Lord99
Oh my this thread has mixed opinions. I saw the Toronto show in August (I know this is about the European tour, but whatever) and I am entirely surprised by everyone in this threads praise of Bigelf. They were by far the worst band I have ever seen play live. Scale the Summit, Zappa Plays Zappa and Dream Theater were all phenominal though.

And I'm jelous that DT played In The Name Of God in other shows, they didn't at the show I was at The Camera Eye cover was really cool though.

^Scale the Summit was badass. I went out and bought their CD the next day because of how much ass they kicked.
Quote by buckethead_jr
The female vocalist from uneXpect = <3

yeah she is very cute
Quote by Vampiric Lord99

I went to that. When I first heard the first few notes of the Camera Eye, I started freaking out. Such a good show.

*Moons all the DT Haters*
Quote by N_J_B_B

My first lolstack!
Dream Theater in Manchester were very good i must say

But on another topic last night i went and saw Bigelf play at Manchester Club Academy, and they were very good and all really nice guys after the show
Quote by cornmancer
In hell they make you play Mario Kart for all eternity. Every race you almost win, but then get triple blue shelled 5 feet from the finish line and get forced to watch everyone pass you.

XBL: FOOmike25

It's Your Fudging Nightmare
Got Manchester tickets.

Unexpect to me just sounded like a flood of noise, although i was very suprised with Bigelf, i was impressed and enjoyed most of their stuff.

Dream Theater didn't have the best setlist but you know.. They played The Spirit Carries On and In The Name of God so i can't complain

Opeth pretty much took the show, the outro to Harlequin Forest and Deliverence live is really something else.
I really didnt like BigElf, just so unoriginal but w/e. I also didnt like the look of the singer wedged between the 2 ****ing keyboards but he seemed like a nice guy.
I went to Manchester, I missed Unexpect but i've heard them before, and I agree with the guy saying they are just like a flood of noise, I don't mind them though. And I already liked Bigelf and thought they played well.

I was most looking forward to Opeth, considering they've been my favourite band and I missed their last tour, but I was a bit disappointed I thought they played well and they had a good setlist, but no one seemed to be getting into them and they were a bit dull to just stand and watch

Dream Theater definitely exceeded my expectations though, i'd heard James Labrie sounds bad live but I thought he sounded pretty awesome
I only caught the last song of Unexpect, but thought they sounded great at least technically, and i had listneted to a few of their songs before, so i got into it. Bigelf played great, they wer e a nice breather from the brutality. Opeth were INSANELY good, although i wish they had played windowpane in the middle of the set, becasue they had one soft song, then the est of the setlist was really fast and heavy, no problem there but it can get a little monotonous. Akerfeldt is hilarious as well. Dream Theater blew me away, yet again! Interesting setlist, but it was awesome, highlisghts beign a nightmare to emember and the dance of eternity, and the insane drum solo in whihc all the drummers ended up on stage. Only problem for me was the keyboard sounded really distorted. Theyve definately worked on their stage presence since i last saw them though, it was a much more involving expereince. Superb gig.
PSN: Noverion
Seeing them next week , porto date.
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

At Wembley, I thought Dream Theater were Amazing, and Akerfeldt growling Portnoy's verse in ANTR was orgasmic, the other Bands were all really good aswell, wish the crowd had got into Unexpect and Bigelf more though. Does anyone know when the Music video they've been filming this tour comes out?
I went to Glasgow and I loved it. Unexpect and Bigelf were really good imo. Opeth was incredible and DT were amazing too but I hated it when James LaBrie buggered off stage a number of times. The bass need to be turned down though, in Windowpane and Hex Omega the bass drum just drowned everything out which was a shame. Awesome gig though.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Quote by tommo619
I went to Glasgow and I loved it. Unexpect and Bigelf were really good imo. Opeth was incredible and DT were amazing too but I hated it when James LaBrie buggered off stage a number of times. The bass need to be turned down though, in Windowpane and Hex Omega the bass drum just drowned everything out which was a shame. Awesome gig though.

Labrie always goes off stage when there's nothing for him to do for a period of time (which happens basically in 3/4 of their songs )
I don't think sticking around on stage would really make a lot of difference, since he's got nothing to do, if he stayed, he would just become the next egotistical singer who needs to beg for attention on stage