Yeah so, how much does a cab contribute to the sound. Is most of it in the head? Or does the cab play a huge roll?
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
head is 70% of the sound,cab is 30%
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Everything is vital.
A crappy cab will make a good amp sound bleh.
Gear :

Ibanez RG2570 (has yet to post pics)
Crap Wal-Mart guitar that came in a 70 buck starters pack.
Marshall MG15, I know
I see, and so, say you buy a head, is the matching cab the best way to go? Or can other cabs as a sort of mix and match work better?
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
mix match is better
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
You can mix and match as much as you want. What you want to look out for is the type of speaker, I use v30's myself. And also, whether or not the cab is closed back and front. I believe mesa uses closed cabs, while marshall uses open mainly. Not 100% on this though, but it does make a difference when it comes to bass response and such.
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
mix match is better

Yes. A MG head through the right cab will sound ok, but a 6505 through a mg cab will sound mediocre.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
no, mesa does both closed and half open. not sure about marshall, i've only seen closed back.
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
Hm well this has all been helpful. One last question, what are some good cabs? say around the £400 to £700 price range?
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
1960 cab
Quote by angusfan16
So a Marshall 1960 cab. Ok then
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
just to introduce my own ideas...

if you think about it, your head's sound comes through your speakers, so if your speakers suck your head will sound like a$$.

1960 cabs, mesa recto cabs, orange cabs, blackheart cabs, peavey cabs (with upgraded speakers duh), avatar cabs etc. etc.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
just to introduce my own ideas...

if you think about it, your head's sound comes through your speakers, so if your speakers suck your head will sound like a$$.

1960 cabs, mesa recto cabs, orange cabs, blackheart cabs, peavey cabs (with upgraded speakers duh), avatar cabs etc. etc.

+10000000000000
This is what i meant. Those are all great cabs too. Also, if you are lucky, look for a used vader cab.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
The cornford cabs are great, you can remove the back easily so you have the option of open or closed
Quote by Crizzle
So a Marshall 1960 cab. Ok then

i'd have thought you could do better than a 1960 with £700.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i said 1960 cuz it on top of my head ATM

Mesa,orange,vader cab is great
Quote by angusfan16
blackstar series 1 cabs i forgot.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by sw1ss023
Yes. A MG head through the right cab will sound ok, but a 6505 through a mg cab will sound mediocre.

A 6505 actually sounds good through an MG cab, believe it or not.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab