Ok I'm left handed and have been practicing and learning for about a year now...problem is I've only had a right handed guitar to use. I'm kind of use to the right handed way now but problem is it's actually starting to hurt when I put my hands in certain positions especially and when I do it the oposite way it doesn't hurt... I'm about to spend alot of money on a new guitar and I'm not sure should I start over and learn everything the other way or just continue? please help!
I wouldn't bother, a lot of lefties learn to play right handed guitars and it doesn't do any harm. Just work on your technique and you'll get there; if it hurts you're doing something wrong!
Also remember that there's a lot more right handed guitars out there than left handed ones. So as a righty you'll have more choice.

Final point and least relevant one: I find it disconcerting to watch/learn from a left handed guitarist. My head just has trouble working out what's going on.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by Aleksi
Final point and least relevant one: I find it disconcerting to watch/learn from a left handed guitarist. My head just has trouble working out what's going on.

Unrelevant post to complement: I coach young bands (part of a project/organisation), and one of the guitarists (an 8 year old boy) is lefthanded.. I have trouble TUNING that thing, very confusing.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Being a left-handed guitarist I say go with what feels better to you. I tried on a right handed guitar for a couple years but wasn't progressing and it just felt weird to me. After i found out there were lefties i went out tried it out and found it a lot more comfortable to play. However this may be different for you. My opinion is to try a lefty out and if it doesnt feel right stick with a right.

On finding it hard to tune or watch/learn a lefty I try to think of it as a mirror image of mine; makes it easier
Do you play metal...I play left handed guitar, my left hand can pick insanely faster than my right...I couldn't tremolo pick with my right hand to save my life
well idk if this helps but just whenever i play air guitar it feels right to play left handed but when I pick up a right handed guitar it also feels right...but i never do use my right hand for anything else...idk it also feels weird to hold the pick the other way around...idk i'm just not sure
Quote by Blut
Do you play metal...I play left handed guitar, my left hand can pick insanely faster than my right...I couldn't tremolo pick with my right hand to save my life

well i do play blues and classic rock type stuff with a little country but I'm started a band that plays pretty metal stuff so I play a little of everything
I'm left handed and playing left handed never occured to me. From the minute i first picked up a guitar it felt right to play right handed, and i would never consider switching. If you're in pain it's a technique issue, not a left/right handed issue.