Poll: Change pickups in the 1570
Poll Options
View poll results: Change pickups in the 1570
Keep the stock ones - they're Awesome as they are
3 13%
The Dimarzio Evolution set is the way to go!
14 61%
Other -please let me know.
6 26%
Voters: 23.
Just a quick ???? about the Ibanez pickups in the 1570- are they any good?

Would you swap the stock pickups for the dimarzio evolution set or something else? or would you keep them?
Hey Ibanez - Left hand Xiphos? any chance!!??

Guitars
Yamaha Pacifica
Ibanez RG 270L (with EMG 81/85)
Jackson RR V (with Dimarzio D Activator X)
I chose to keep the stock ones but I only play at home so the overall sound isn't that big of an issue for me. Others will likely disagree and I might be the only one that thinks this way.
i'd swap them for something else.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They be ok, they get the job done.

If you like em keep em, if not e-mail the Dimarzio techs and tell them what your looking for. They got back to me before within a few hours.
Rhythm In Jump. Dancing Close To You
you don't *have* to go with dimarzios... just because ibanez has some kind of agreement with dimarzio doesn't mean you have to have.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a Breed in my 1570 and I'm happy enough with it that I'm not going to change it. Its my favorite Dimarzio atm but If I were changing them it would be painkillers without a doubt.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Last edited by miketheslut at Oct 10, 2009,
If you live in the UK, get Bareknuckles thousands of people praise there quality. But if you live in the US get BG pickups, again thousands of people swear by them, but on harmony central. The guy would even give you a discount if you are registered on harmony central
a Dimarzio Super Distortion sounds absolutely amazing in basswood guitars. crystal cleans and awesome and articulate distortion tones. as for the neck pickup... it's up to you, but i recommend a PAF or even a Super Distortion 2. the middle is kind of tough. depends on what you want to play, i like diversity in what i can get, so i'd go for a lower output and bassy pickup in that position.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Cheers

I think the spec for 1570 is really good for the price approx £600-700 new.

Bare knuckle does seem to get good reviews.
Hey Ibanez - Left hand Xiphos? any chance!!??

Guitars
Yamaha Pacifica
Ibanez RG 270L (with EMG 81/85)
Jackson RR V (with Dimarzio D Activator X)
^ you probably don't want to hear this, but about 6 months or a year ago they were like £450. The yen has more or less doubled in value against the pound over that time frame (possibly slightly longer), because of the recession etc.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I bought my RG1570 back a few months ago. I kid you not when I say, in my opinion, they were the worst stock pickups I've heard. I havent played a ton of guitars, but my $400 had much better stock pickups in it. Honestly, I had it for about 3 weeks before I even played it. Even with adjustment, they had so little output, if you play anything close to heavy rock, you're going to be disappointed I think. I got a dimarzio tone zone and air norton installed on mine. As stated, you dont have to go with dimarzio.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
yeah, the stock pickups aren't great. They aren't the worst ones I've ever tried, i've tried worse ones on very cheap guitars, but yeah, not great, and most people swap them before long (or eventually).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Definately get a Super distortion in the Bridge they are awesome pickups then maybe get a paf sort of tone in the neck like a air zone,paf pro , SD 2

as for the middle pickup it depends if you want a single coil or a Mini humbucker.

Single coil - Take a look at the pickup picker on Dimarzios website and put in what u want from a pickup.

Rail Humbuckers - Chopper/Super Dist s/Cruiser/Fast Track or again look at the pickup picker.

It depends what genre of music you play (sub genres included because dimarzios make mainly metal pickups really as metal artists use them)
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50