My amp is picking up some religious talk station... and if I move my wah pedal up and down, the volume of it changes
The first 10 seconds of "Stairway to Heaven" followed by Rick Astley. You thought you were getting Van Halen? Well, you just got RICKROLLED!

LMAO

how did you do that?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
You could be picking up the RF interference from any number of sources. Your amp, any pedals, your cables, your pickups. So yes, it's possible.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
my flanger sometimes picks up the oldies station
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Same happens with me , stomp my SD-1 and put my wah full down on the treble and theres some talk radio goin on
Vintage ICON Peter Green Replica Les Paul
Epiphone LP Standard
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 (New Valves )
Boss TU-2 & SD-1
EHX #1 Echo
Lucky, all my amp picks up is some ****ty metal station with horrible guitar tracks
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
So i guess this is normal then

The other thing is it doesn't pick up my guitar... just the radio
The first 10 seconds of "Stairway to Heaven" followed by Rick Astley. You thought you were getting Van Halen? Well, you just got RICKROLLED!
Are you listening to religious radio stations in the next room....?
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Nope. The TV is on though if that makes a differnece
Wait, you lose your guitar signal? That's not normal. Somethings definitely wrong there in your signal chain.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Yes, whenever I played with the wah it hasn't worked in the past few days. I'm pretty sure I had a warranty on it so I was going to send it in for repair or something. THen I tried it today, and this happened. I can play if I do it w/o the wah.
i blame teh wah
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
I use a wah pedal, and it's never happened to me. I read about it happening quite often, though, I don't know how to fix it. Ilegally buy a signal jammer?
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Quote by Sopheydood
I use a wah pedal, and it's never happened to me. I read about it happening quite often, though, I don't know how to fix it. Ilegally buy a signal jammer?

signal jammers just produce a frequency which basically nulls it out. if you wanna block it, use like 6 inches of steel. oughta do it (it works for cell phones idk about radio though)

TS return the wah or warrantee it, w/e you want. if its only with the wah then the wah is the issue
Last edited by blandguitar at Oct 10, 2009,
Iirc some song has the background of a latin radio station at the end, anyone remember? I THINK it's Queens of the Stone Age song, and it came through their amp?
Quote by Gibbs!
My amp is picking up some religious talk station... and if I move my wah pedal up and down, the volume of it changes

LMAO

That must suck badly!
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
My cousin plugged in some vintage distortion pedal backwards (it was actually rigged so the input was on the left, not the right) and we were picking up truck radio frequencies. It was pretty post-rock.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by Ferrets!
My cousin plugged in some vintage distortion pedal backwards (it was actually rigged so the input was on the left, not the right) and we were picking up truck radio frequencies. It was pretty post-rock.

hellooo candycane!....

That must have been funny.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Quote by AmericanParadox
hellooo candycane!....

That must have been funny.
It was crazy 'cause it was running through an overdriven Fender Bassman head too. The effect it had was awesome.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Quote by GordianKn0t
Iirc some song has the background of a latin radio station at the end, anyone remember? I THINK it's Queens of the Stone Age song, and it came through their amp?

Actually, that's just the song.
It DOES happen at the end of Rage Against The Machine's Sleep Now In The Fire, though. Tom Morello picks up some Korean pop station.
I find that if you have caps on all your preamps, it generally solves the problem.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.