i want to know because i'm gonna be saving for a new bass and warwicks seem to be held in high esteem here in the bass forum.
my gear:
sansamp liverpool
sansamp gt2
fender standard strat
squire vintage modified precision bass
laguna sunburst bass
acoustic b100
ehx bass big muff pi
They're just very very nice basses, I don't really know what else to say. Play well (if you can handle big necks anyway), well built, also have a very distinctive tone. Very low mid heavy.

I'd try one and a bunch of other basses out first though. Some people can't stand the necks, and you might find one that sounds better to you. Don't just listen to what everybody here says- tone is way too subjective for that.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Warwick basses are first-rate instruments. They are made in Germany of top-notch materials. On the plus side, they play great, sound great and look great. On the minus side, they cost a fortune and they weigh as much as an Abrams tank. Warwick has a thing for exotic hardwoods that weigh a ton. The other reviewers in this thread are absolutely right - Warwicks have fat necks. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing is a matter of taste. Judging by the used instrument market, Warwicks seem to hold their value very well.

Warwick doesn't have as many options in their production line as do a lot of manufacturers becasue they place a considerable focus on their custom shop instruments. They can and will build you anything under the sun as long as you can afford it. Jack Bruce is a big fan of Warwick fretless basses, and he had a lot of input into the design of their "Thumb Bass" model.

At that price range, you should try as many different instruments as you can get your hands on. You may find that Warwick is the bass for you, but then again you may discover something else that you absolutely fall in love with. It is a serious amount of cash that you're talking about, so take your time and be sure.

Warwick makes pretty good bass strings, too. Not surprisingly, they are expensive just like their instruments.
they do have huge necks, but i have huge hands.... so thats no problem.

i also just looooooooovveee their tone.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
I love my warwick corvette. The only down side is I got mine while they were putting the Just-A-Nut II on them, and that thing was a flimsy piece of **** that fell apart. So now I'm in need of a new nut. I can't wait until I can play my baby again.

They have a nearly flat radius for the fretboard, which I love, also the back of the neck is pretty flat. The body is small and shaped so that it fits to your body great, and your arm can go over the top of the body a lot easier than with a fender style body. The tone is incredible, it can do anything. Everything is very adjustable, so you can fine tune it to fit your taste.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Quote by Hobble
I love my warwick corvette. The only down side is I got mine while they were putting the Just-A-Nut II on them, and that thing was a flimsy piece of **** that fell apart. So now I'm in need of a new nut. I can't wait until I can play my baby again.

I forgot to mention in my review of them, their input jacks are also total s***
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Kugelspot makes a very good point. I have heard other people complain about Warwick's output jacks. Some people have found that cheap instrument cords don't lock properly in the Warwick jacks. I don't know why this is, but I have heard this complaint from more than one source.

That "Just-A-Nut" phase Warwick went through was inexplicable. Thank heaven they got over it. I guess the rehab worked.
The Just-a-Nuts are still there... and bloody fantastic. My Warwick has the original JAN, and they now the JAN3 which is far more sturdy than the JANII.

Additionally, from 2009, all models hae a C shaped as opposed to U shaped neck, so much closer to a jazz shaped neck now.

I've personally had no problem locking any cable into my wick's jack plug, and I have a multitude of cheap and expensive cables. I'm going to be going on the road, and I fully trust my instrument to handle touring pressures.

On an end note, they're the basses for me, they may be for you, TS, but they may not. Whether a person likes them or not, there is no doubt they are excellently made instruments, well put together, with a unique yet quite versatile tone (assuming you get a pass/act or act/act model). It's an instrument that will last you for life. To put it in context, Jack Bruce, who currently owns and plays Thumb basses, said that if his two Warwick Thumbs were stolen, he'd probably quit playing bass.
What is JAn anyway what does it do.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Well, I've only played one Warwick, it was a BO-Thumb 5, & considering I don't normally like 5 string basses, I really REALLY regret not buying it. Next 4 string fretted bass I plan to buy? A Warwick (after I get an 8 string bass, wich I really like the idea of having, I'll just have to try one first)
warwick are like the rolls royce of basses. They basically dont make any cheaper models, and also all of their efforts are centered on bass as they dont make guitars (as far as I know), I personally am not to keen on them and prefer fender j-basses, but theyre expensive and are generally sturdy and good
Warwicks are an aquired taste and those who've aquired it ****ing love them (myself included, its eclipsed only by my love of Fender). They have a unique tone, shape and overall feel. Not to mention that they're top quality instruments, their cheapest model (disregarding rockbass) is £800ish.
Quote by jenguind
warwick are like the rolls royce of basses. They basically dont make any cheaper models, and also all of their efforts are centered on bass as they dont make guitars (as far as I know), I personally am not to keen on them and prefer fender j-basses, but theyre expensive and are generally sturdy and good

Framus is the guitar branch of the overall company.
Quote by kugelspot
I forgot to mention in my review of them, their input jacks are also total s***

Really? I've never had a problem with the input, actually I've always found it to be a lot more sturdy than other basses.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Quote by Hobble
Really? I've never had a problem with the input, actually I've always found it to be a lot more sturdy than other basses.

My teacher is a Wick fanboy, he's had jack problems with almost every Warwick he's owned.
Quote by C0_0kie

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Quote by poopgift
i want to know because i'm gonna be saving for a new bass and warwicks seem to be held in high esteem here in the bass forum.

play one and find out yourself, it's the only way you'll really find out.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Warwick is the cream of the crop, I've loved every one I've ever had the privilege of playing, and I've never heard a complaint from anyone that owns one. If you have the money, your going to have a hard time finding a non-boutique/non-custom bass on par with their quality. Personally GASing for a 5 string Thumb, but Warwicks arent the most college-student-friendly of basses

EDIT: forgot to mention the only "better-made" production basses I've ever played were a ridiculously priced Spector and a Ric 4001 IMO
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Last edited by Tostitos at Oct 11, 2009,
I love my Warwick...but, I do know that they're not for everyone, as I am not a fan of the all-friendly Fender brand. So...each to his own on that one.

TS...Personally, find the Warwick that's right for you. Each model, although all possessing the warwick growl effect, has a different and unique tone. Consider this...

Corvette STDs- very low mid and boomy. But never unclear or muddy.
Corvette $$- 2 humbucking pickups give a heavy sound, and support an option to coil tap to get a Fender-like sound.
Streamers- The Rolls-Royce version of a Spector, but an upgraded tone...sounds similar to the Corvette STDs.

And...
Thumb...Mids, Mids, and more Mids. Just a PUNCHY and CLEAR bass. Obviously my favorite, as I scoured through Craigslist and Ebay to find one with a Wenge neck, as opposed to the standard ovangkol neck.
Obviously, Warwick makes more models, but they look like dead giveaways to what they're for.
Duck

Bass tones are hard to find.
My Band
Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 360
Madison MAB 4x10
Warwick Thumb BO 5
Last edited by aceofbass131 at Oct 11, 2009,
Warwicks have a nice tone and play well but the high price and overly-phallic upper horns have kept me away...
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Really like mine, a corvette $$. It's very versatile, you can get a lot of different sounds out of it, and it does have a great overall tone. Neck is a little fatter, but it's not ridiculous, at least for me...I really like the feel of it. Buying gear is addicting, but the one thing I don't feel the need to upgrade or add to is my bass collection now...

And agree with the jack...mine sucks. Had to have it replaced already, and it's a sensitive bitch.
Warwick Corvette $$ 4-string
Ibanez GSR200
SWR Goliath II 4x10
Eden 115XL
Carvin B1500 head
Well in the end only the user can judge if there good or not.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lahCCrS6mM&feature=related
or
This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz-oxs90X6Y&feature=related

Watch that, i really like that tone, i'd definitely buy but ive yet to actually play a warwick so i'm still not sure about how the neck feels and all that.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Quote by aceofbass131

Corvette STDs- very low mid and boomy. But never unclear or muddy.
Corvette $$- 2 humbucking pickups give a heavy sound, and support an option to coil tap to get a Fender-like sound.
Streamers- The Rolls-Royce version of a Spector, but an upgraded tone...sounds similar to the Corvette STDs.

If you look around you'll realise there are 'Rolls Royce' versions of Spector too.
signature
Quote by aceofbass131

Streamers- The Rolls-Royce version of a Spector

I wouldn't exactly put it that way...
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Warwick has very dynamic instruments with their own very unique vocal quality they bring to every tone you muster out of them, without losing versatility.

they are designed to be able to be set to exactly what you want on your bass. for example, my Warwick has the G string a few notches farther apart at the bridge than the other strings. the E string is lower at the nut than the G string, but both are in roughly the same spot at Fret 24.

they practically own the concept of the wenge/ovangkol neck, and MEC pickups are an in house brand worth looking at- nothing is quite like an MEC.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom