History:
I have an Esp with crappy pickups and a coil tap setup off a tone pot. I recently purchased a 500t and 496r Gibson set to replace the crappy ones. (I've used the 496 and 500 pickups before and they we're purchased new and came with 4 conductor wiring in a les paul). So i found out today that the 500t and 496r pickups i got off ebay came out of a Gibson V and they were factory installed and have a 2 conductor wiring.
Question #1:
is there a way to rewire the pickup (quickly and cheaply) for a 4 conductor braid so that i might still have the coil tap functionality?
Question #2:
if i can't change the 2 conductor braid to a 4 conductor braid how does one install a 2 conductor pickup (only installed 4 conductor before and it has obvious coloring), and will the coil tapped Tone Pot (push pull kind) still work on a 2 wire install?
thanks,
-Rome
wiring thread.

see sig

welcome to UG btw.

edit: (click the link and post your question there) color codes, theres a link on the first page)
Last edited by blandguitar at Oct 10, 2009,
Quote by blandguitar
wiring thread.

see sig
Nope.

Quote by EverydayTragedy
Question #1:
is there a way to rewire the pickup (quickly and cheaply) for a 4 conductor braid so that i might still have the coil tap functionality?
Go here: Converting a 2-wire humbucker to 4-wire (Invader Jim)

Quote by EverydayTragedy
Question #2:
if i can't change the 2 conductor braid to a 4 conductor braid how does one install a 2 conductor pickup (only installed 4 conductor before and it has obvious coloring), and will the coil tapped Tone Pot (push pull kind) still work on a 2 wire install?
thanks,
-Rome
Shield goes to ground, inner conductor goes to hot. Coil-split is not possible with 1 wire + shield like original equipment Gibson pickups.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.