I went to a few guitar stores today before work and decided to post some reviews.

EVH 5150 III
Clean channel was more than decent. A bit bright but you could EQ it out. Very Fender-esque. Much better than the 6505/Peavey 5150. I was able to get a nice twang tone with a Custom Shop Tele and a nice funk tone with a vintage 60s Strat. And when I plugged in my LP, I got some pretty nice jazz tones. I played on that for about 15 minutes then switched to Channel 2. Channel 2 was nice. It has a nice vintage Marshall vibe to it but could get a bit more gain. I could get some convincing VH I tones out of it with a Strat with HBs. The only thing I didn't like about it was that at higher gain settings there was a buzz in the high end you couldn't dial out. I switched to Channel 3 and holy **** I hated it immediately. It was buzzy as **** and you absolutely could not get anywhere close to dialing it out. I gave up after 10 minutes so I can't review this channel other than that. I assume it was a dud because the one I played back when they first came out sounded great.

EVH Wolfgang
I liked it quite a bit except for the small frets, although the seemed more comfortable than most small frets, likely due to them being Stainless Steel. The tone was a bit bright but nothing you can't deal with. The pickups had a bit too much presence for me but other than that they were pretty nice. The neck felt great and fit into my hand very nicely. Definitely one of my favorites. The body felt nice in my lap and was comfortable when I put a strap on and stood up. I gotta say, I absolutely loved how this guitar felt. The only downside was the $3k price tag. Definitely go used. I may have to pick one of these up myself eventually.

Marshall 85th Anniversary
I hated this amp. The dirty channels were just way too buzzy and undefined. It could have just been the cab (it was loaded with GT12-75s, which I hate) but I would stay away from it. The only thing I liked was the clean channel, which was pretty decent, especially considering it's a Marshall.

Marshall JCM800KK
I like this amp much better than the reissue JCM800. It sounded alot more like the original that was sitting next to it but with a smidge more gain. Nice Marshall mid range with a kind of loose low end that I would try to tighten up with an OD or EQ. Cleans were pretty much crap IMO but what do you expect? I did not like the Beast EQ setting at all. It was way too nasally. It also added some buzz, although it did increase the gain a bit, which could be a plus for you metal players. The noise gate cut off too much sustain unless you kept the threshold extremely low, which didn't really help with the noise much, although it isn't very noisy to begin with. Overall, I liked it but would not buy one new.

Bill Webb modded JCM800 2203
Hands down one of the best Marshalls I've ever heard. It had a tighter low end, more gain and a nice mid range that was slightly less prominent than a stock model. It was also a bit warmer than stock Marshalls and cleaned up a bit better. I don't remember how much the mod costs but IMO, it's completely worth it. My friend has a Bill Webb modded JCM800 2205 and it sounds great but this one was a bit better to my ears. Would sound great for Thrash, I could get an awesome early 90s Megadeth tone out of it. Much better than the KK and it was cheaper.

Also, I saw a Green Amps 120 watt EL34 w/ master volume. It looked like an Orange clone to me but it wasn't working. I was told it was a true PTP amp that nailed classic Orange tones so I assume it's kind of like Matamp but based in the US.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
nice reviews
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The "GREEN", "BLACK", "PURPLE", etc amps are actually all made by Electric Amps.

Great reviews, though.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Great review

BTW,what store did you go to?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
Great review

BTW,what store did you go to?

Strait Music South, Guitar Rez and Austin Vintage Guitars.

I had another review of the Fuchs Lucky 7/Blackjack 21/Train 45 typed up but my internet just ****ed up so it's gone. If anyone wants it, I'll type it up again.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Fuchs Lucky 7/Blackjack 21/Train 45
I'll start with the 21 since it was my favorite. Nice harmonically rich distortion. Not the smooth, refined type you get from the ODS/TDS series though. It's got a much more vintage/raw gain type sound and feel to it. Doesn't sound all that much like the Trainwreck I've played. It was warmer, had less headroom (less than I would expect purely because of the wattage difference), had a slightly tighter low end, a bit more buzz in the top end and a tad bit more gain. All of those could be good or bad depending on what you're looking for, although I'd consider the buzz bad in every situation. It cleaned up great with the volume knob and picking dynamics. The 7 and 45 were similar but with less and more headroom respectively. Both had significantly more buzz though, which I thought was strange. Others had similar opinions. The 21 would be my pick for sure if I was looking for one of them.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT