well right now i got $200 saved, and i do work around over 10hrs a week which is like $70 a week. after gas money and random other expenses i can prob put like $20-$30 away each week. and with my b-day coming up (nov28) and xmas on the way (dec25, duh), i figure between all three variables, at the end of december i will mave more then plenty of money for a new guitar. i estimate around $1000 about, just a rough guess. cuz i get money from all my relatives for b-day and xmas. so lets just say a budget of $1000. i plan on having a guitar to play metal mostly. from metallica to a7x to disturbed. im thinking either EMGs or Blackouts most likely. maybe other high output pickups. so far i've been thinking Jackson DKMG, Schecter Hellrasier, or Schecter Blackjack ATX. But I'm not 100% sure. im gonna start looking at some ESP/LTDs too. so give me some other guitars in this area. bridge type i would like an FR or fixed. im not a fan of kahler. pup combination should be H-H, H-S-S, or H-S-H. bolt-on neck is alright, but setneck is prefered. so UG, give me some suggestions...
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by flanders_91
well right now i got $200 saved, and i do work around over 10hrs a week which is like $70 a week. after gas money and random other expenses i can prob put like $20-$30 away each week. and with my b-day coming up (nov28) and xmas on the way (dec25, duh), i figure between all three variables, at the end of december i will mave more then plenty of money for a new guitar. i estimate around $1000 about, just a rough guess. cuz i get money from all my relatives for b-day and xmas. so lets just say a budget of $1000. i plan on having a guitar to play metal mostly. from metallica to a7x to disturbed. im thinking either EMGs or Blackouts most likely. maybe other high output pickups. so far i've been thinking Jackson DKMG, Schecter Hellrasier, or Schecter Blackjack ATX. But I'm not 100% sure. im gonna start looking at some ESP/LTDs too. so give me some other guitars in this area. bridge type i would like an FR or fixed. im not a fan of kahler. pup combination should be H-H, H-S-S, or H-S-H. bolt-on neck is alright, but setneck is prefered. so UG, give me some suggestions...

Same predicament I'm in, but I'm looking for a new amp beacuse I've got good enough guitars. Not many people want to help me out the Guitar Gear & Accessories forum though.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Quote by tennisplayer
Looks like you already have some nice guitars. Anything else you need?

u can never have too many guitars! i've sorta started looking at this...
http://www.drumcityguitarland.com/drumcitygl/stores/1/LTD-DELUXE-SERIES-MH-1000-See-Thru-Black-wEMGs-and-Floyd-Rose-6-String-Electric-Guitar-P472C428.aspx

it looks really nice
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
BC Rich ASM Pro
Washburn X50VPRO (comes with passive pickups)

Though I don't think you need a new guitar you might as well put more money to a newer amp.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
BC Rich ASM Pro
Washburn X50VPRO (comes with passive pickups)

Though I don't think you need a new guitar you might as well put more money to a newer amp.

i just got my bugera in like july. im not getting a new amp. i love my bugera. i dont plan on getting a new amp for a few years.
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
I recommend a Carvin. Most models fall within that price range, unless you completely trick them out. Awesome guitars IMO, and far better than anything else for that price.
um...maybe get one of the Schecters? I would also look into LTDs. The new 401 guitars that have Floyds look pretty promising. That's just me though. Maybe a used Jackson if you want some variety to your collection. If nothing else, maybe look into getting some new pedals to add some different flavors to your music.
Quote by flanders_91
i just got my bugera in like july. im not getting a new amp. i love my bugera. i dont plan on getting a new amp for a few years.

Fair enough mate but like I just don't think you'd need to put all that cash towards a new guitar seeing as how your currents pretty much cover all your bases. I'm not trying to sway you from a new guitar but take it from me you can have too many guitars
you could get an EC-1000 for a bit less than $1000. set neck, obviously H-H, not too heavy. oh wait i see you've already got an epi les paul.

ok i just looked at that MH-1000 you're looking at. id go with that one! thats hot, but when i get something with quilted top, its not gonna be black. happy guitar hunting!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by SYLrules88
you could get an EC-1000 for a bit less than $1000. set neck, obviously H-H, not too heavy. oh wait i see you've already got an epi les paul.

ok i just looked at that MH-1000 you're looking at. id go with that one! thats hot, but when i get something with quilted top, its not gonna be black. happy guitar hunting!

yea i was thinking of the ec-1000, but i dont really want another les paul right now. the mh-1000 looks really nice, and theres a flat-top one too thats a bit cheaper with a flame top.
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
For 1,000 bucks.. You could ge yourself... A V. Thats what you should get! Buy a V. Used Gibson or a new Gibson with the vintage finish (amazing necks!) Or a Rhoads model. Plenty of choices.
Last edited by nickdohle at Oct 13, 2009,
If you go for a V I would avoid Gibson. Ive had bad experiences with them. I would go with a Jackson for a V
We dont all have bad experiances with gibby. You can find good ones if you have a little bit of patience and are willing to pay to or set up the guitar, yourself
If you're willing to step a little out of your price range, I'd recommend a Jackson Custom Shop guitar. I own 5 and they all play amazingly.
I'll pry open your sphincter and brutally **** you raw.
im sorta thinking of a guitar with EMGs most likely, blackouts would be fine. i've also been looking at a schecter c-1 classic.
TOMAHAWK!

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan