is absolutely killing my back. It hurts to play. I just bought it today and its absolutely awesome but this neckdive sucks big balls and its making me think twice. How are the MIM J basses as far as neckdive goes? Thanks a bunch.
try using a wider strap to distribute the weight more evenly.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Mine doesn't dive at all when standing, you probably are holding it at a too low of an angle that it is just not balancing.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
I do wear my bass low, and at a somewhat sharp angle. I hold mine basically like Flea does. You think thats a problem? This bass does have a neckdive, but is wearing it low making it worse?
Quote by RHCPFitz
I do wear my bass low, and at a somewhat sharp angle. I hold mine basically like Flea does. You think thats a problem?

Probably.
Get a strap 3.5-4" wide. With grip on the shoulder side, to stop it sliding.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
What size of tuning pegs does the Jag Bass have? Im going to buy some ultra-lites and try to find a BA-II bridge to put on this thing.
Some ultrlites might help a bit, and go for the gotah 201 over the BaII, but i still think a wide strap will make more a difference. Also Attach the strap from the second holw at the bridge side of the strap to your belt, via your own creation and then your Pants will take all the weight.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
J basses won't dive as much as a Jaguar, as the Jag boyshape is essentially a mutilated Jazz body, the extra electronics don't make up for the weight loss.
Unlike P and J basses, the straplock on the Jag is parallel to the 12th fret, not the 11th, so attaching it to a longer screw might help.
Quote by Mutant Corn
I think that was the point...those are the most popular body styles, and TS wants to know which one UG thinks is coolest.zAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

edit: my cat walked across my keyboard