Hi guys, help me with this.

I have an Peavey Transtube Blazer 158 and a Peavey VYPYR 15W im trying to get a new guitar but i dont know wich one to get.

My options are the ESP LTD EC256, The Schecter C1+ and the PRS Tremonti SE.

I like to play Metallica, Guns n roses, Mana, System of a down, Papa Roach, Creed...

In main i play rock and metal but i like to get nice cleans to...

I think that these guitars are basically the same but i really want to make the best choice and spend my money in the best of these....

please help me.
Well if yeh can try em all out.. It's mostly preference..but

Schecters have a fatter neck but if you get the c-1 classic you can get awesome cleans outta that along with good chugs

ESP have a thinner neck then schecter but still somewhat fatter.. from what i hear... But if your gunna be playing leads and need to reach high up frets you might want some more accessible.. bassicly what i mean by that is have 2 cut-outs instead of 1.

PRS are very versitile guitars. Never played one before. But i've heard there pretty good.. i'd personally recommend the schecter though..
Out of the two, Id go with the the LTD.

I dont like Schecter necks, and while I love the PRS, the LTD has better stock pickups.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Well id say the ESP, just cause you can put the EMG 81/85 pick up set and it will sound great... i have a high end PRS and i dont feel like it has the best metal sounds
My Gear:
PRS CE 22 Tortoise Shell 2008
Epiphone SG Korina Custom 2004
Gibson Lg-1 Vintage 1965 Acoustic
Marshall AVT 50
Quote by ILL BisCuiT
Well id say the ESP, just cause you can put the EMG 81/85 pick up set and it will sound great... i have a high end PRS and i dont feel like it has the best metal sounds

EMGs are not versatile pickups, just so the TS knows, the 85 doesnt have the best cleans, the 60 is better, but still not great.

I disagree about the PRS, Between The Buried and Me make great metal sounds with their PRS Customs.

BTW, I thought the LTD you were talking about was the EC-401VF, with the Seymour Duncans, but its not, so I change my choice to the PRS. =p
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Last edited by Mitochondria9 at Oct 10, 2009,
You are correct about those three guitars being similar. I own a few Schecters (and others) and have played the other two guitars you have mentioned. For the money, the PRS SE is hard to beat. They play very well, look good, and the stock picjups are good enough for most applications. The only drawback to the PRS guitars is that with the non-tremolo models, they have a one-piece stopbar and bridge unit that is non-adjustable for intonation. As a result, the intonation can be a little finicky if you start using heavy strings for drop tuning and the like.

When you try them out, I suggest that you pay more attention to how they play than to how they sound. I say this because given the bands you have listed, you are probably going to end up ripping the pickups out and replacing them with something hotter than the stock pickups. If you do, take a look at the Duncan Blackouts. Their tone is better than the EMGs, in my opinion. They make for a great metal and heavy rock pickup. Of course, they aren't cheap. For more traditional pickups, the Duncan Distrotions are first rate.

Whatever you end up with, have a blast with it!
Quote by FatalGear41
You are correct about those three guitars being similar. I own a few Schecters (and others) and have played the other two guitars you have mentioned. For the money, the PRS SE is hard to beat. They play very well, look good, and the stock picjups are good enough for most applications. The only drawback to the PRS guitars is that with the non-tremolo models, they have a one-piece stopbar and bridge unit that is non-adjustable for intonation. As a result, the intonation can be a little finicky if you start using heavy strings for drop tuning and the like.

When you try them out, I suggest that you pay more attention to how they play than to how they sound. I say this because given the bands you have listed, you are probably going to end up ripping the pickups out and replacing them with something hotter than the stock pickups. If you do, take a look at the Duncan Blackouts. Their tone is better than the EMGs, in my opinion. They make for a great metal and heavy rock pickup. Of course, they aren't cheap. For more traditional pickups, the Duncan Distrotions are first rate.

Whatever you end up with, have a blast with it!

I would also look at the DiMarzio D-Sonic or D-Activator, you dont have to have Active pickups for teh br00t4lz tones, and passives give you a better selection for neck pickups, which means you can choose the clean tone, or solo tone you want.
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Before I bought my C1+, I tried out some PRS SE's out in the store. They were both good guitars, but even with the Schecter's "Duncan Designed" pickups, I still liked the schecter better. And now that I put a new set of pickups in, I get awesome distorted tones from the D-sonic and really nice cleans out of the Humbucker From Hell, especially when it's coil-tapped.

My votes for the schecter, even though I haven't had any experience with the ESP. I don't like EMGs though, so I probably wouldn't go for that.
I've played the PRS Tremonti SE and personally I thought it was shit.

The LTD would probably be your best bet, with the Schecter 2nd only because it might have a chunkier neck, and the shape goes less with the style (dumb reason maybe).

A lot of people say if the LTD isn't >400 series, it sucks, but my friend has an FX-260 and it's great (although the pickups are a little weak, but the coil tap makes up for it).
Quote by MetalGuitarest
Well if yeh can try em all out.. It's mostly preference..but

Schecters have a fatter neck but if you get the c-1 classic you can get awesome cleans outta that along with good chugs

ESP have a thinner neck then schecter but still somewhat fatter.. from what i hear... But if your gunna be playing leads and need to reach high up frets you might want some more accessible.. bassicly what i mean by that is have 2 cut-outs instead of 1.

PRS are very versitile guitars. Never played one before. But i've heard there pretty good.. i'd personally recommend the schecter though..

I like a lot the c1 classic but i dont like the vine inlay in the fingerboard and is a little hard to find at the stores...

i think that i can get the c1+ and then i can change the pickups...
I would say to go with the Schecter.

I've been playing it on the weekends and i was suprised by how well it sounded and how fast i could play.
Schecters do have necks that are a little thicker, but it could be something you like. I play metal and i love Schecter necks. To me, they're perfect.

I suggest playing those three guitars though and see what you think about them.
Quote by Kanthras
Awww, that tiny wittle head looks adorable on that cab..

*Krank amp turns on*

AAAAAUUGHHH TEH CRUSHING OVERDRIVE aSDJKANHFUILGN