Hey yall. Im a 14 year old kid out of NY so i dont have to much money but im looking for some new pups for my strat. I just got a cube 60 which i have grown fond of and really prefer it to the lower end tube amps i tried. My favorite positions are the bridge and the neck+mid. This is great except i get some terrible humming. So im looking for some real vintage sounding strat pickups. I am trying to get a david gilmour, Hendrix, SRV tone. I like to play some rush and zep and stuff of that sort so versatality is key. I a going to play pyschedelic, blues, classic rock, some hard rock. I want to stick out and get some different sounds. Thank you all.
Gear.
Fender standard stratocaster MIM stock(looking for new pickups please suggest!)
Roland cube 60 (the only solid state amp i love)
Not too sure about the Gilmour and Hendrix sound, but if you want SRV tone you can't go wrong with Texas Specials.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Im up for putting in different types of pickups with eachother. Variety is the spice of life. Unless i can find a set that is all good for me
Gear.
I've gotta say it won't make that huge of a difference through the Cube but how much do you plan on spending on the pups?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
fender customshop fat 50 in the neck, texas specials for mid and bridge
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
I was wondering that also. The cube is cool because the regular clean channel acts as a tube and starts to break up so usually i just boost the volume and it gives me a nice little natural OD. Atleast as natural as a SS is gona get. If i didnt love the single coil sound so much i wouldnt be looking for new ones but the hum is ridiculous.
Gear.
bad shielding? i mean my hum is ridiculous it hurts the ears painful. if i can just shield it then id keep it cause i like these pickups just the hum is terrible
Gear.
Whats your gain on?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
i keep my gain at about halfway at the most when using the one pickup. and ive never seen the inside of my guitar what should i look for? sorry ima noob with this stuff haha
Gear.