Do any of you do this on purpose? What are some bands that record with low quality? Personally, I like how it sounds. I thought of this while listening to Niandra Ladies and Usually Just a T-shirt
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

i actually do do that. just for some parts though. it adds a sense of realism to me...
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
there are a handful of black mtal bands that do it intentionally to try not to get mainstream play/recognition
dead thread!
REVIVE!

lots of bands use broken keyboards, circuit bent, whatever you want to call it.

anybody have any specific bands that use lofi?
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Nirvana used to do Lo-Fi... it really makes GRUNGE GRUNGE, Actually there's a great Interview this month with "Some Famous Recording Engineer" in TapeOps Magazine (can't remember who) and his LOVE for LO-FI is discussed. The scratchyness, the Grunginess, etc.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Oct 11, 2009,
It is a dying art.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by freshtunes
It is a dying art.

Nein!

Not with bands like Times new Viking out there. I have a cassette 4 track and variety of cheap crap for that Lo-Fi feeling.
There are loads out there, and not just guitar based. Glitch electronica etc + loads of techno artists still hellbent on making sequences with ancient laptops and amiga's running octomed in 4 bit

You dont hear of them too often because it's more about the music than getting sales/famous. All a bit too avant-garde really for most

You can pick up a 4 track which would have cost as much as 1k back in the day for as little as 50 notes now on ebay, and to be honest they still sound great if you know how to use them.

I still use tracks that i recorded on a cheap cassette based dictaphone

Yay for this thread, boo to the kit elitists with more money than sense

*starts to feel ashamed of current setup*
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald