Any of you guys checked these out? I'm thinking of getting the 2266 Tube amp. It'll be for blues and classic rock using a Les Paul 59 reissue
Marshall's Vintage Modern amplifiers are great amps. You won't be disappointed. They were designed to provide the classic Marshall sound as well as a higher gain option for modern metal. They should be perfect for what you have in mind.

Crank it up!
will be eargasmic.

there are other options obviously, but thats a good rig for what you play. and the vm amps are on closeout so...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
yea great amp, but im biased, im a fender guy..... seriously, you won't be disapointed.. exept for the single channel, but it has a range boost so it acts as a 2 channel amp.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Perfect amp for you.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by rocknroll93
yea great amp, but im biased, im a fender guy..... seriously, you won't be disapointed.. exept for the single channel,

from a fender guy?

so many channel switchable fenders come to mind.

im a fender guy too, but the best fenders imo, are single channel amps.

no harm intended friend.
Quote by rocknroll93
yea great amp, but im biased, im a fender guy..... seriously, you won't be disapointed.. exept for the single channel, but it has a range boost so it acts as a 2 channel amp.
Can't say most of the Fenders I know of sound anything like Marshall amps.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
they are awesome amps, a little overpriced but probably worth it due to the versatility
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
i never thought any company could put 'vintage' and 'modern' in the same sentence. marshall seem to have done it pretty well. i played on the head for a bit, not long enough to get to a complete conclusion though.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

If you can EQ well (mostly Body and Detail parameters), it will sound great.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by FatalGear41
Marshall's Vintage Modern amplifiers are great amps. You won't be disappointed. They were designed to provide the classic Marshall sound as well as a higher gain option for modern metal. They should be perfect for what you have in mind.

Crank it up!

Ummmmm no.

The "extra" boost just puts another preamp valve into the circuit, meaning it boosts the gain a bit but nowhere near modern metal, at all. 70's/80's Hard Rock Maybe but modern metal no way.

I played one of these a while back, sounded okay, but you really need to be able to crank this thing.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
A good friend of mone has one. It's alright, but nothing special. He's also had problems with it not being loud enough, which is surprising for a 50 watt head going through a 1960 cab.
Bandwagoning aside I actually prefer the JVM, although I'm not crazy about either.
A 2nd hand jcm 800 does what the VM set out to do, but just a lot better.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

The absolute pinnacle of bland, mediocre amps.
If you really crank them they sound pretty good but otherwise, I'd never bother with one.

EDIT: This:

Quote by jimbob78
A 2nd hand jcm 800 does what the VM set out to do, but just a lot better.
These are really great amp's. It's just a matter of fiddling with it. but once you get something you like it's awesome. serisouly you'll love it.
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
for those of you say that it's bland listen to these...

http://www.netmusicians.org/?section=amp&value=Marshall%20Vintage%20Modern

especially the Led Zeppelin ones.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Highwaytohell
Achem. Splawn super stock
Thank you

+39867398467

The Vintage Moderns are so-so in my opinion. Not awful, just kind of bland (unless you crank them). I think that you could get a lot better amps for the price though...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009