Hey guys, I'm going to be purchasing an Agile Hornet and I will probably be upgrading the pickups, at least for the bridge.

I would like to use this guitar mainly for metal and hard rock (Metallica, Seether, Shinedown, Three Days Grace), but I want it to still work well for cleans (no noise). I don't use an amp, I use a Line 6 X3 Live straight through the band's PA.

I don't want to spend too much, but no budget limit for pickups. Suggestions?
Gear:
ESP LTD Les Paul (Blackouts)
B.C. Rich Mockingbird (EMG 81/85)
Paul Reed Smith SE Single-Cut (Duncan Pickups)
Schecter C-1 Classic (Duncan Pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Seagull Entourage (Acoustic-Electric)

Marshall JVM210H + 1960A Cab
Maybe a DiMarzio PAF Pro or Seymour Duncan 59 in the neck, and either a DiMarzio FRED or Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates or JB in the bridge.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Check out GFS pickups at the Guitarfetish site. He makes some terrific pups and at prices that doesn't hurt you. Long ago I bought a retrotron hot nashville for my LP copy. It sounded good. I've just installed the Lil Puncher modern vintage set on my Epi telecaster and they're great.

Now I'm planning to get a set of Loudmouths for my Carvin DC127 replacing the Blackouts. The Blackouts are great but now want passives.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by Shinozoku
Maybe a DiMarzio PAF Pro or Seymour Duncan 59 in the neck, and either a DiMarzio FRED or Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates or JB in the bridge.

I agree with these choices, but I'd add to the bridge selection:
Dimarzio Norton
Dimarzio Super Distortion
Duncan Custom
Duncan Custom 5
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have played a few Hornets and they are very nice. I do agree the guitar deserves better inlays I think Shark fins would look perfect. As far as pups go that is a personal decision. I personally like Rockfield pups their Mafia and Fat Ass pups are great!

John
Quote by oneblackened
I agree with these choices, but I'd add to the bridge selection:
Dimarzio Norton
Dimarzio Super Distortion
Duncan Custom
Duncan Custom 5

Add a PAF Pro to that list, maybe even an Air Zone, and I agree
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
So it's looking like DiMarzio and Seymour Duncans are my best options?
Gear:
ESP LTD Les Paul (Blackouts)
B.C. Rich Mockingbird (EMG 81/85)
Paul Reed Smith SE Single-Cut (Duncan Pickups)
Schecter C-1 Classic (Duncan Pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
Seagull Entourage (Acoustic-Electric)

Marshall JVM210H + 1960A Cab
Quote by Janicki
So it's looking like DiMarzio and Seymour Duncans are my best options?

I don't know if it's your best options but they are good. I have Dimarzio D'Activator set in one guitar and Seymour Duncan Blackout set in another. Now I have Carvin classic set in one and GFS set in another also. 4 guitars, 4 beasts.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
No matter what people recommend myself included you really should seek out some guitars with the pick-ups you are considering to hear how they actually sound. I would say find some Hornets with those pups but they are not in a lot of stores with used Agile on the walls even though I have seen more Agiles popping up in the shops around here. Buying a pup without actually hearing it might be something you regret. Even going on web sites listening to them or watching vids really do not give a great representation of the sound. I like both DiMarzio and Duncan but I do think there are less expensive options that perform just as well like GFS and Rockfield to name a couple.

If you do buy one wait and see how the stock pups sound. Several of the Agiles I have played sounded pretty dam good stock. Truthfully I am surprised they only have one model like that listed. There is a huge jump in price and options for the next Hornet in the line but nothing in between.

John