i played a number of amps today including the bogner uberschall, bogner shiva and cornford carrera. i just fell in love with the cornford arrera. the lead tone sounded so warm and smooth. the fact that it is easy to crank it without killing yourself is a big plus.

i am considering the harlequin, carrera or roadhouse 30. which one do you think is the best buy? i play mostly shred but i play various other things including prog metal, blues and jazz. i would get the harlequin because it is the cheapest but it lacks a midrange control as well as reverb and an effects loop. that means no delay or reverb is possible at all.
You just answered your own question there.

Carrera!
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Quote by TheFunkyAvocado
i played a number of amps today including the bogner uberschall, bogner shiva and cornford carrera. i just fell in love with the cornford arrera. the lead tone sounded so warm and smooth. the fact that it is easy to crank it without killing yourself is a big plus.

i am considering the harlequin, carrera or roadhouse 30. which one do you think is the best buy? i play mostly shred but i play various other things including prog metal, blues and jazz. i would get the harlequin because it is the cheapest but it lacks a midrange control as well as reverb and an effects loop. that means no delay or reverb is possible at all.

What?
Out of the 3 Cornfords you listed, get the Carrera
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
do you think the carrera would be capable of metal (in terms of balls)? i tested it with pretty much everything but that. stupid me for forgetting. i guess i was just jizzing my pants too much to remember

also, what is the best online shop to buy one in your opinion? i live in australia (FML)
Quote by TheFunkyAvocado
well that is if you dont want the delay/reverb to distort
I guess, I've never noticed enough difference to care really. You probably use more gain than me though
Quote by TheFunkyAvocado
do you think the carrera would be capable of metal (in terms of balls)? i tested it with pretty much everything but that. stupid me for forgetting. i guess i was just jizzing my pants too much to remember

also, what is the best online shop to buy one in your opinion? i live in australia (FML)

Where in Australia do you live?

The price of Cornfords is unfortunately massively marked up in Australia. I'd love to have one someday though.
hurricane. or maybe one of the heads (mk50) if you play heavier stuff, i hear they get heavier. Haven't tried them, though (i have tried the carrera, hurricane, and hellcat, but not head-to-head, unfortunately).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Roadhouse sounds like a blues-type deal, although that's just judging by the name. I might not be on the mark at all.

If you're looking at Cornford, also look at Budda - they're supposed to be similar.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
there are no roadhouses in australia so it is impossible for me to know how they sound first hand. do you think it would have more versitility than the carrera in that it could go heavier?
^ I haven't played one yet but I can't imagine them going heavier than the Carrera or being more versatile.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by TheFunkyAvocado

I wouldn't be inclined to spend more than $3500AU on an amp without the option to try it first.

The roadhouse has had a fair amount of flak as far as reviews go, though I haven't tried one myself, the handwired cornford stuff sounds a lot better to my ears.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
I wouldn't be inclined to spend more than $3500AU on an amp without the option to try it first.

The roadhouse has had a fair amount of flak as far as reviews go, though I haven't tried one myself, the handwired cornford stuff sounds a lot better to my ears.

well i have read those reviews and they all seem like one person (pdm or something similar) saying the same thing every time. honestly, i wonder what brings people to do stuff like that.

btw how do you know that the handwired stuff sounds better if you havent tried the roadhouse? im sure it probably does but stil...

i agree with you in that i need to try before i buy. it is impossible for me to try the roadhouse so i dont know what to do. the only decent clips on the internet are the guthrie govan ones. they sound good although a little weak in the bottom end. but that should just be down to eqing...
Quote by TheFunkyAvocado
what about the roadhouse? how does that compare?

haven't been able to try the roadhouse yet, sorry
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?