Hey Guys, just picked up my fresh new Gibson. Take a look.

nice quality Gibson USA case

is it, a Les Paul?

OOOOOH, an SG.

Yes, a Gibson SG '61 Reissue to be precise.

Hell yeah, it's my brand spanking new Gibson '61 Reissue. It plays like a dream, lovely fat Gibson neck, and the sustain is amazing. The pickups are incredible too. I had it professionally set-up with Ernie Ball 10s, and the action low, but not too low.
VERY sexy.

HNGD!
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
Very cool!
Mesa/Boogie Road King v1
Marshall JMP 2203 '78
Vox AC30 H2 Heritage HW
Fender Deluxe Reverb '65 RI
Gibson Les Paul Custom '57 Historic RI '05
Fender American Vintage '52 RI Telecaster '02
Fender American Vintage '62 RI Stratocaster '07
Awesome! HNGD
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
A little bit more that I wanted to spend, but I bought it from my local shop and I'm happy to pay more than Thomann/GAK for example, so I get the customer service. It cost me £1350.
Quote by nospacesallowed
A little bit more that I wanted to spend, but I bought it from my local shop and I'm happy to pay more than Thomann/GAK for example, so I get the customer service. It cost me £1350.

Little costly (thats like AU$2700 or something), but still a really nice guitar. Just remember that you'll have that baby forever, so have fun with it
Quote by nospacesallowed

good decision - it bothers me when i see people going for the cheaper option and getting "the same guitar" (such a thing simply does not exist), for a little less off the internet and having no idea what it's gonna be like until they get it. there might be a better one in the shop just around the corner costing just that little bit more, that they would enjoy having 100x more, but they'd be blissfully ignorant playing their expensively mediocre £1200 guitar that they'll eventually regret buying.. it's kind of depressing. it's good to see someone who still has a grasp of common sense when it comes to buying a guitar

edit: @kenan6346 - Gibson's UK prices are ultra-high at the moment.. that's actually not a bad price at all for the UK.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Oct 11, 2009,
Ferking awesome guitar mate, you should put a Maestro tremolo on it though

But seriously, congrats
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Hngd!
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Very nice and kudos for buying at a local shop. Costumer service is the reason why I buy all my new gear at a local plus it keeps them in business, a tough thing to do with all the corporates dominating the world.
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Quote by Mr3000
yawn

just because the guitar isn't made for t3h BR00T4Lz, doesn't mean it's boring. sometimes, simplicity is beautiful, and this is a great example of it.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Lil Macker
Ferking awesome guitar mate, you should put a Maestro tremolo on it though

But seriously, congrats

This, put a Maestro on it then give it to me

HNGD!
Very nice! I bet the tones you can get out of that are absolutely amazing. Take good care of her!
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Oh the beauty. How can one guitar look so nice? It's so shiny. Happy new guitar day.
Beautifull! My favourite style of SG (i.e Classic). Happy New Guitar Day!!!
Moving on.....
I'm glad you all like it! It plays like a dream, although I've played for about 4 hours today, and my fingers are tender.
Quote by nospacesallowed
I'm glad you all like it! It plays like a dream, although I've played for about 4 hours today, and my fingers are tender.

anytime a new guitar makes you feel this way and makes you play that much, thats an amazing thing. HNGD and enjoy
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Mr3000
yawn

Why post at all if that's what you want to say about this chap's lovely SG?

HNGD, I'm stupendously jealous.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by SimplyBen
Why post at all if that's what you want to say about this chap's lovely SG?

HNGD, I'm stupendously jealous.

Hey, you're the guy who I traded the Boss GE-7 with.

How you finding the little guy?
That is sweet! Now rip out 'em AC/DC and Cream riffs boy!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Standardly..

Actually, I bought it due to recommendation on here because I like:
Enter Shikari
Blink 182
Muse
Kings Of Leon

It suits like a suit.
beautiful guitar. SGs are amazing.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by nospacesallowed
Standardly..

Actually, I bought it due to recommendation on here because I like:
Enter Shikari
Blink 182
Muse
Kings Of Leon

It suits like a suit.

I see... Well I'm a classic rock nut so my answer was kind of expected
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Nice, my brother has a '61 Reissue too. Actually he's playing it right now.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Vox VT-20+

lol i find it yawn coz every man and his dog has one, sure id beat down my own grandma to get one because they are a top quality but to me they are boring, Gibson = boring
Suhr = Exciting, Ormsby = Exciting, Carvin = Exciting ect ect
HNGD! Looks great. I dont like Gibson's at all but that is really nice anyways!

Mr3000 this is the kind of response you should give. a7xplayer is onto it.
So Mr3000 how about we try it like this:

'HNGD to you,that's a nice guitar you've got their and I hope you like it but frankly I find gibsons a little boring now.They're old news,every dog and his man has got one.
Companies like Suhr,Ormsby and Carvin,there's something exciting...'

See how much better that was? It got the same message across,without raining or all over this guys NGD.

Now onto the guitar itself....
HNGD! My dads mate has a '61 reissue that I've played a few times,but that was before I really got a 'feel' for guitars.Someone on here said once that the G-400's neck is pretty similiar to a '61 reissue especially in terms of the heel.Now I looked at pictures and what not to see if they were correct,and they seemed to have some kind of basis for their claims,but obviously photos can't compare to the real thing.If you can get hold of a nice G-400,would you care to give a comparison?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.