hey guys im looking for a decent/cheap amp, i was thinking of getting a line 6 iv or iii, i play in drop A, C and some Db, so i like my metal, any suggestions would be good.
decent and cheap are two words that rarely go together in the case of guitar amps.

line 6 spiders are supposedly one of the worst solid state amps around, andi would have to agree.

budget? used or new?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
decent and cheap are two words that rarely go together in the case of guitar amps.

line 6 spiders are supposedly one of the worst solid state amps around, andi would have to agree.

budget? used or new?

my budget will be about 700$-900$, and if i can find a decent 2nd hand one ill get it, but most probably a new one.
Quote by Nemui-Kuma
Get a used Laney Klipp Head, and a digitech death metal pedal, it is not the best gear. but you can get it pretty cheap,and sounds awesome for drop tuned metal :P
(better than any Line 6 ever will, but if you need those fancy effects than go for line 6 )

that was one of the major reasons i was gonna get it, all those kick arse effects, and just to mess around with, im not the best of guitarists so this is probably going to be an amp ill use for now until i get uber at it.
Quote by absentimental
that was one of the major reasons i was gonna get it, all those kick arse effects, and just to mess around with, im not the best of guitarists so this is probably going to be an amp ill use for now until i get uber at it.

If you have 700-900 to spend get a used Line 6 Vetta II. I think MatrixClaw is selling one right now!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21901386

FAR FAR superior to the Line 6 spider. If not that then maybe an HD147/Flextone. Provides plenty of effects.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by Nemui-Kuma
I think the Peavey Vypyr amps are sound much better than line 6, especially the tube models.
SO take a look at those

will do man, cheers.
Either a Vetta(as mentioned above) or a Vypyr.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Oct 11, 2009,