Hey everyone

Does anyone know if you can put two modems on the same telephone line if they are two different telephone sockets?

I have one computer in the house and another in my office - a little building across the driveway from my house which has the same telephone number. Is it possible to connect both to the internet using the same telephone line?

If not then what would be the best solution to get both connected to the internet?
Gear:
SQ Custom 1, Washburn G-JRVs x3, Yamaha ERG121C, Samick Interceptor, Encore Acoustic, Vintage 5 String Bass, Unbranded Red Bass.
Line 6 SpiderII Halfstack, Laney/Carlsboro Halfstack.
Crybaby,Whammy,Flanger,Stage Tuner,Tremolo,Bass Overdrive
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Aye, get wireless router, hardwire one computer to it, and get yourself a wireless receiver for the other one. Shouldn't cost much at all.

receivers used to be expensive but i dont know anymore my laptop has it built in
Quote by guitaraholic666
receivers used to be expensive but i dont know anymore my laptop has it built in

They arn't expensive
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
You can't have two modems simultaneously plugged in on the same line.

First option - Buy a wireless router or access point (preferably the latter, because two routers in one network causes forwarding issues), plug it into your current modem. This is assuming your office isn't an incredibly distance from your house, but since you say 'across the driveway' it would likely be okay. Otherwise, add a wireless extender to this purchase, and place it as close to the office in your house as possible.

Second option - Buy a shielded jacket straight-through ethernet cable, decent length. Run cable from your modem down to your office in any way you see fit (read: dig a long ditch, like a real man)

Second option is most win, imo. What I would do anyway...
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Well I would run the cable down but the drive is made of concrete and I'm not digging it up. Can anyone recommend a wireless receiver/extention device?

Thanks!
Gear:
SQ Custom 1, Washburn G-JRVs x3, Yamaha ERG121C, Samick Interceptor, Encore Acoustic, Vintage 5 String Bass, Unbranded Red Bass.
Line 6 SpiderII Halfstack, Laney/Carlsboro Halfstack.
Crybaby,Whammy,Flanger,Stage Tuner,Tremolo,Bass Overdrive