Alright...It's been about 10 months of playing guitar for me, and I don't really have that many people to compare with in my school on where I should be in my skill level.

Right now, I'm able to play some All That Remains songs,
i.e. the air that i breathe, six.
My sweeping is okay, alternate picking isn't rly an issue, tapping is a thing of the past, so i'm not really quite sure what i should be working on at the moment.

Songs, techniques, and things i should be practicing out anybody?
u sound like ur doing alot better than i was after 10 months...
Woot! New Zealand...
Well, don't think you've already mastered alternate picking, tapping and sweeping after 8 months. Sure, you might have the basics down, but believe me, there's no way you've already MASTERED them.

I think techniques are over discussed. Sure, they matter. A lot. But if you're a guitarist with perfect technique, that doesn't mean you're the best guitarist. IMO, creativity > technique.

So IMO, you should work on your creativity; play different styles of music, form a band, write songs, etc.

Cheers.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
After 10 months there is absolutely no way you've mastered anything at all. And i highly, highly doubt you can play All That Remains cleanly. Not saying you can't, but it's probable you can't.

Work on rhythm, timing, economy of motion, muting and theory.

To answer your question, it depends how much you practice, and with how much quality.
And I'm VERY doubtful you can sweep after 10 months. Maybe pick each note seperately in an arpegio, and slowly at that. But not proper sweeping.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
haha...well it is impossible to "master" a technique but from what you've guys said it seems like i might want to comb the site for exercises, and expand on creativity.
I'm skipping out on theory though...no stranger to theory having to take it for grade 8 piano. Nightmare...all those packets (shudder), but i guess there are quite a few "guitar only" theory things that i should check out?

Anyways, thanks for the tips
Quote by ShionusSkyr
haha...well it is impossible to "master" a technique but from what you've guys said it seems like i might want to comb the site for exercises, and expand on creativity.
I'm skipping out on theory though...no stranger to theory having to take it for grade 8 piano. Nightmare...all those packets (shudder), but i guess there are quite a few "guitar only" theory things that i should check out?

Anyways, thanks for the tips

Just make sure you can apply it to guitar - basically knowing your notes on the fretboard and how to apply exercises to it. How chords are built on guitar etc.
Learn the major and minor scales and how to use them to jam on guitar
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by pigeonmafia
And I'm VERY doubtful you can sweep after 10 months. Maybe pick each note seperately in an arpegio, and slowly at that. But not proper sweeping.

This
Let's hear a recording of Six and The Air That I Breathe. If you can really play those up to snuff, you're droing pretty damn good for just 10 months.
^ Yeah, I have trouble playing those songs after playing for 3 years. I mean I can play them but not nearly as well as I want to. There's a difference of playing a song and playing a song well. It involves hard work and technique that develops over a long period of time.
work on cleaning up your playing, muting out unwanted noise, keep working on stuff you think you're already good at, and work on applying theory to guitar. I see you know theory from piano, but you'll still need to get good at constructing chords on guitar as that is very different, how scales "look" on a guitar, the way intervals will fall on the fretboard, etc.

also start writing songs, riffs, and such. start working your creative muscle, this can also work on using theory to help you form your ideas into sound