So guys, I was looking for a Jackson floyd for what's now gone from an Ibanez repair job to a superstrat project and i stumbled across a 1980's jackson floyd on ebay. It didnt end until 5:40am (UK Time) so i ended up round at a mates with beers and a laptop and we all stayed up and bidded on it.
Ended up winning it for about $41 + $17.95 shipping to the UK - overall cost me £40 which is less than a cheap chinese floyd.

Anyone tell me where these floyds rate against modern floyd rose's?

pics when it arrives
well i dont know about the jackson in particular, but if its like any other old 80's floyd, the knife egdes will be dull, it will be nice and rusty and the string locks will be worn.....

sorry to be mr negetive
Quote by Mr3000
well i dont know about the jackson in particular, but if its like any other old 80's floyd, the knife egdes will be dull, it will be nice and rusty and the string locks will be worn.....

sorry to be mr negetive

that depends on how much use it's had?
Quote by Bigsteve92
that depends on how much use it's had?

Alot of it depends on how much AIR its had.

Even if it was sitting around, a floyd that old would show its age....
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Quote by georgakis187
Alot of it depends on how much AIR its had.

Even if it was sitting around, a floyd that old would show its age....

Ah.

Either way, It'll be used as a trem if there's life in the old beast yet, or it'll be blocked in place if it cant go on

edit: also, couldn't i just get a replacement baseplate if the knife edges are screwed? :P
Last edited by Bigsteve92 at Oct 11, 2009,
Quote by Invader Jim
If it's anything like my jackson floyd, it'll be a piece of junk. mine's a low-pro model thogh, so that may make a difference. idk.

I dunno man... The Licenced Lo profile i have on my RR3 is pretty damn good. I kinda ****ed around with it when i didnt know much about it (like changing the height while the strings where on, and fully tuned) and there doesnt seem to be any knife-edge wear.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Just looked it up,
It's a Jackson JT6 - the one with the fine tuners and string locks together behind the bridge.
This bridge finally arrived.
all that's wrong is a stripped screw on the high e string lock (can be removed by undoing fine tuner :P
other than that everything is fine, my ibanez edgeIII trem is less than half the age and has more wear that the knife edges on this!
anyone know where i can get JT6 string lock screws?