As the title states, I don't know how but the screw holes in the neck pocket (and the actual holes in the neck) are stripped somehow so when i try to attach the neck it's pretty loose.

The main crux: would i take the same approach as fixing any stripped hole e.g. fill with wood glue, stuff with toothpicks, redrill and screw? I've read that screwing in the screw before everything dries is also a solid method because you can unscrew it and you basically have new threads. Which method do you rate is best?

Is it possible using a larger screw might be the best way for this specific hole?
Last edited by 21Fretter at Oct 11, 2009,
Quote by 21Fretter
The main crux: would i take the same approach as fixing any stripped hole e.g. fill with wood glue, stuff with toothpicks, redrill and screw? I've read that screwing in the screw before everything dries is also a solid method because you can unscrew it and you basically have new threads. Which method do you rate is best?
Screwing in while the glue is still wet is better. But not here. You don't want wet glue while attaching your neck. Get some between the neck heel and neck pocket, and you'll have a mess the next time you try to take the neck off.

Quote by 21Fretter
Is it possible using a larger screw might be the best way for this specific hole?
Maybe. Or drill, dowel, redrill.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Thanks SYK. I can see what you're saying about possibly getting the glue between the heel and pocket :\

Maybe i can try fill the holes separately? Fix the heel holes while not attached (that would be easy enough) and fill the neck pocket holes while not attached as well, that's the hardish part. Would need to attach something to one of the sides though to create an ending if you know what i mean. Would be significantly harder than doweling but I don't know if i trust myself not to screw it up even more :\ Do you think the method i've described could work or am I just wasting my time and should just learn to dowel already? :P
Maybe check these out? It's only 25 bucks and you wouldn't have to dowel and redrill your holes. Plus it will probably help sustain and such.

Neck Inserts Link
Gear:
1998 PRS CE 22-10 Top Natural Finish
MIM HSS Strat-Electron Blue
Vox AC4TV