I have an application file that I've downloaded but I haven't got the program to let me use it. Could anyone suggest a program to open it please.

Thanks.

P.S It's an application that I've downloaded to get my audio driver working if that helps.
Thanks.
Whats the file extension?
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
I'm a computer noob guys,
Could you dumb it down a bit.

DellDriverDownloadManager.application
is what the file is called?
i think you have to download the dell download manager or something first to open the .application file. But on the dell site it has an option to download with your web browser which will download the driver as an exe file. That is probly the easiest way.
Quote by Laimbo
i think you have to download the dell download manager or something first to open the .application file. But on the dell site it has an option to download with your web browser which will download the driver as an exe file. That is probly the easiest way.

This.

Just look around a little more on the support website for the .exe download
Quote by imdeth
You're like internet Jesus!

This signature feels so empty now.
I'm assuming you're using Windows?
If yes, then make sure you've download the version suitable for your Windows version. .Application files are what are called manifest files, a format which is a part of the .NET framework. There's a chance XP won't support .application files, I don't remember ATM, you'll be able to check that if the file has an icon, other than a blank sheet with the Windows-Logo on it. You can also download the latest .NET framework which gives you something called MS ClickOnce which is what is used as the presenter for .application.
Anyway, if you're using Vista, which most likely has built in support, then simply double-click it to start it. If you are using any other Windows version, you're gonna need to check if you have at least .NET framework v2. If they don't, you have to download and update the .NET framework for your Windows version.

If no, then download the correct files for you operating system, Mac/Windows/Linux cross-compability is limited.

Also, look here for a slightly more indept description:
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fileextensions/f/applicationfile.htm

EDIT: If you cannot get the .application to work, then download the individual exe's for the different drivers. This is probably the easiest soulution to begin with, seeing as .application support is not a must, as there aren't that widespread use of it.
However, if you have NO clue WHATSOEVER as to which drivers you need, then the Dell Driver Download Manager might be the best soulution for you.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Last edited by SinnaSatan at Oct 11, 2009,