The neck is replaced, the body is Fender from 1975. and the pickup has been added. The price is low (about 750 USD). Do you think I should buy this?
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
Last edited by Kada2110 at Oct 11, 2009,
Quote by Kada2110

The neck is replaced, the body is Fender from 1975. and the pickup has been added. The price is low (about 750 USD). Do you think I should buy this?

If the neck's been replaced there's no way to tell. If you're really interested go and try it, a good bass is a good bass.
Yeah, sure, I could try, but Im actually a guitar player and I dont really know how to recognise a good bass sound. 750 is not much for a precision bass in my country, actually a new one is about 2000 dollars.

So Fender replacement necks dont have Made in USA or serial numbers?
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
Quote by Kada2110
Yeah, sure, I could try, but Im actually a guitar player and I dont really know how to recognise a good bass sound. 750 is not much for a precision bass in my country, actually a new one is about 2000 dollars.

So Fender replacement necks dont have Made in USA or serial numbers?

It won't have the bass's ID on it. If you can't recognise a good bass tone then either 1. Bring someone who can or 2. Really think if getting an MIA is really worth it if you're a guitarist. I'd reccoment an intermediate level bass like a MIM Fender or an Ibanez ATK if your not gigging.
Well who knows, maybe someday I will, thats why I want something decent. This is cheap, thats why It got me interested.
That jazz pickup looks poorly installed to me. It's too far from the bridge and from what I can tell they routed the cavity wrong and there's a gap on each side of it. That might just be the picture though.
I just say that bass looks raped.

Hate how they added the J pickup. And MIA fender arent made with 3 blocks of wood as you can appreciate in the picture...
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Heilz
I just say that bass looks raped.

Hate how they added the J pickup. And MIA fender arent made with 3 blocks of wood as you can appreciate in the picture...

Looks like a 1-piece to me...

You're right though, that thing looks terrible.
Nope, no sig here.
Nah I think it looks great.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Quote by Mutant Corn
Looks like a 1-piece to me...

You're right though, that thing looks terrible.

Sorry i just re-checked, its a two piece. But a lot of the finish seems REALLY worn off man. Theres a stripe that looks almost as another piece but it was just a wood ring lol.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P