I'm auditioning at Berklee in less than 2 months for the fall 2010 school year, but am still WAY behind in reading music. I can recognize notes and slowly piece songs together this way, but getting everything up to speed to where I can look at a piece of sheet music and play it within 15 minutes, well that's something that I can't do. and I need to. desperatly. Any body know of a good, fast way to learn how to read sheet music fluently? Any tricks that anybody uses? I need help...
theres a program called guitar pro when u put in tabs it also puts in the note like hte top bar is notation and underneath it is the tab form its not free but u can get it free if u no wat i mean:P
practice, I play some thing and then write it out in standard, when I was starting Id write it in tabs, then write the note name and then the standard notation
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Do nothing but read music until then. The only way to get good at it is to do it constantly. Buy a Real Book (or some other music book that has NO tablature) and start learning songs.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Get the 1st Berklee Guitar Method Book and spend alot of your free time before your audition practicing. The books are great but you're gonna have to put alot of work in if you've only got 2 months to work with.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Jesselyn
I'm auditioning at Berklee in less than 2 months for the fall 2010 school year, but am still WAY behind in reading music. I can recognize notes and slowly piece songs together this way, but getting everything up to speed to where I can look at a piece of sheet music and play it within 15 minutes, well that's something that I can't do. and I need to. desperatly. Any body know of a good, fast way to learn how to read sheet music fluently? Any tricks that anybody uses? I need help...

No, it takes time.

Why don't you get some experience, and enroll in a couple years?
shred is gaudy music
And I guess the next question is either, "Why are you auditioning when you know you can't meet the audition requirements?" or "Why are you only doing this now, when your audition is only two months away?"

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I'm learning 2 strings at a time. I recommend you do the same. Learn the Bass strings and move upwards.
Yeah, i know it's crazy, even thinking about auditioning, but if I can get reading music up to the same level as the rest of my playing....there's no doubt that reading music is my weakest link. I'm really good at sight reading in the keys of E and A, but everything else definetly needs work. but...practice is all I can do I guess.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1213830
You don't know how to tune to C-standard, but you're going to go to Berklee in less than two months? Could you not figure out the notes yourself? It's not really that complicated, all you would have to do from standard tuning is find a C, and then tune the Low E to that, and then tune by ear as you normally would.

Maybe you should step back and take a good hard look at this whole thing.
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Not being funny dude but you're not ready for it by the sounds of it. Defer for a year?

If not, you'd better hope they coincidentally give you something in E or A..
+1 You don't sound ready.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Don't worry - this will be the first of many times that you realise that you actually have to work hard at something if you want to achieve it. I'm not saying it's impossible to learn how to sight read in that time, but to have it up to the standard they want is unlikely.

You may have the option of poking out your eyes. If you're blind they don't require you to sight-read (do they?).
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
^This.

Or, (i don't know how strict they are) you could just tell them you are working towards it as your main priority and hope they go easy.