I made a cover of the intro of Blood Brothers by Iron Maiden. The reason i call it a "cover" with quotes, is because it's different from the original song. (I made the lead part a little bit longer by accident)
It kind of sucks, and there's a lot of bad tone in this one.

Please give me some useful critique on this, such as for example what you liked and did not like, things that sounded off, tips on improving the tone of my guitar playing, tips on technique, how to make it less boring, and so on.

Listen to it here: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/robinlint/music/
Last edited by robinlint at Oct 12, 2009,
-The tone disto rythm is very ugly, sorry but you should try to get a better sound
-Mixing sound, try to have the same volume of sound for every instrument, a good software can make this easily.
-Bass seem really high, maybe lower it a bit?
-Give direct link to cover instead of your profile
-Carefull on the lead distortion, we can hear your pick scratch string, try to make note sound more and less of unusuful noise.

I give you every negative point i've found, but overall that wasn't that bad, i ain't a fan of this Iron Maiden song. (I give you negative point so you can improve and work on them).

Keep up the good work

-MDP
Quote by MangeuDePoutine
-The tone disto rythm is very ugly, sorry but you should try to get a better sound

Do you mean the tone for the rhythm or both lead and rhythm? Do you have some tips to make that tone better?

-Mixing sound, try to have the same volume of sound for every instrument, a good software can make this easily.

Ah, thanks.

-Bass seem really high, maybe lower it a bit?

I had no bass guitar available, so I used my electric guitar and shifted the pitch an octave down using Reaper.

-Give direct link to cover instead of your profile

Thanks, but how? I don't see anything on My Profile to link to a specific song.

-Carefull on the lead distortion, we can hear your pick scratch string, try to make note sound more and less of unusuful noise.

Do you mean during the lead part or when the lead is not playing? I forgot to edit it out.

I give you every negative point i've found, but overall that wasn't that bad, i ain't a fan of this Iron Maiden song. (I give you negative point so you can improve and work on them).

Keep up the good work

-MDP

Thanks
Last edited by robinlint at Oct 11, 2009,