Hey
I’m looking for some recommendations on a new guitar and amp sometime in the near future. Looking for something to play with in my band, we're a pretty grindy deathcore band, that’s how I’d describe it anyway.

For the amp I'm thinking a Peavey Bandit 112 (http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/peavey-bandit-112/434). Wondering what you guys think about it, I mean I'm pretty sure it's a good size for gigging so i was just wondering if you guys think it'd suit our sound and if anyone had any experiences with one.

As for the guitar I have no idea what I want at all so I'm really looking for some help. My budget is between 300-400 quid. I'm looking to downtune it to drop c if that helps. I mean I've been looking around but there’s so much terminology I'm a confused by...locked bridge, active/passive pick-ups etc. It's all well over my head so I would really appreciate some help.
"something to believe in is what's outside your front door: interaction, conversation, discussion, passion, love and relationships"
A Peavey Bandit isn't loud enough to play live if you will have a hard hitting drummer, and the on board distortion from the Bandit isn't that great IMO.
Do you want a guitar with a tremolo so you can do things like dive bombs?
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Nah, nothing like that.

As for the Bandit I've seen some of the local bands use them so I reckon they're a decent enough size but if you think the tone of them is a bit crap do you have any other recommendations?
"something to believe in is what's outside your front door: interaction, conversation, discussion, passion, love and relationships"
Last edited by North Lane at Oct 11, 2009,
I've only done a quick google search, but that 6505 looks very expensive. The gigs we'd be playing wouldn't be at massive places and i don't have that much to spend. I've probably got 600 quid to get the amp and guitar with.
Well, I might recommend a Schecter Guitar Research C-1 Artist Limited Edition. It comes with 24 frets, a thru-body tail for increased tuning stability, and the well-known combination of a Seymour Duncan JB in the Bridge and a '59 in the neck. Quite a good guitar, in my opinion.

If you like more of an SG shape, you might try an Epiphone Tony Iommi Signature G-400 . It comes with Gibson USA Tony Iommi humbuckers which are very high-output.

If you are looking for active pickups and a more radical shape, try an ESP LTD EX-401. Unlike the other guitars, this one only has 22 frets, but the active pickups (EMG 81/60 set) are very, very hot. However, bear in mind that with actives you have to change a battery.

Those three guitars should get you started. Try them out at a local guitar shop!
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Quote by North Lane
I've only done a quick google search, but that 6505 looks very expensive. The gigs we'd be playing wouldn't be at massive places and i don't have that much to spend. I've probably got 600 quid to get the amp and guitar with.

A Vypyr Tube/SS or a B52 AT 112?
You dont need a tube amp to be loud or get a good tone.

The Vypyr 75 is plenty loud, and is only around $300 USD.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Quote by Mitochondria9
You dont need a tube amp to be loud or get a good tone.

The Vypyr 75 is plenty loud, and is only around $300 USD.

He doesn't even need good tone, he wants to play Deathcore. *flameshield up*
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by GS LEAD 5
A Vypyr Tube/SS or a B52 AT 112?

this.

and look Schecter for your guitar.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by JesusCrisp
He doesn't even need good tone, he wants to play Deathcore. *flameshield up*

sigh.

Is this necessary?
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212