I have been gassing for a Floyd Rose for awhile now and a guitar that sounds better at lower tunings. I've had my eye out for a Schecter C-1 FR for awhile. Finally found one in good shape on Craigslist. I went originally thinking it was an 81/89 with coil taps, but it turns out it was an older one with 81/85 and no coil taps, but as soon as I picked it up and played it the feel was just too perfect to pass. I hate admitting it but it played even better than my LP and stat both with setups done. It's 2 years old, in pretty much flawless shape and came with an SKB hardshell case. I paid $460 for it (a little more than I wanted to pay for a non-coil tap version, but the hardshell case sold it because I go back and forth a lot from my storage unit. Enjoy the pr0nZ.

Also, I set this guitar up in drop C with a set of Ernie Ball 12's. The low E string wouldnt even fit through the tuner opening, so I had to use a .046 I had from another set of strings! Setting this guitar up in Drop C and keeping the Floyd Rose parallel to the body was definitely a test of patience. I think I am going to drop the string gage down to 11's after these get old and reset it.
Nice score! OFR to HNGD!
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
I've been at it like crazy today with this guitar. First I set it up with 12's.....Then I installed Dunlop strap locks...had to do some drilling and careful installation not to strip the supplied fastener heads. Then, I resetup with guitar with 10's because I didnt like the 12's at all. I have it setup in drop C but I am still a little torn as to what tuning to leave the guitar in. I wanted another guitar for leaving in Drop C, but with the Floyd Rose I'm not sure how much dive bombing I'll be doing to go lower than drop C....almost seems like the floyd is better suited at standard tuning. Alas, I'm still hella happy with the guitar!
u shouldnt mix different gauges of strings, especially on a floyd rose. but the guitarl looks great, good luck with it! and the strap looks really cool! HNGD!
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by flanders_91
u shouldnt mix different gauges of strings, especially on a floyd rose. but the guitarl looks great, good luck with it! and the strap looks really cool! HNGD!

You can put whatever gage strings on you want, but you just have to completely rebalance the tremolo when you do. WHen I had the 12's on, I had to slam the trem claw all the way to the body...in fact any further and I would have had to add springs (3 in there now). When I went back to the 10's, I had to loosen the two screws to remove some of the spring tension. So basically, any strings you want, but you'll just have to rebalance so the Floyd is parallel to the body.
HNGD!

I love shecters
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

damn you americans and your cheap schecters.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by SOADriff
damn you americans and your cheap schecters.

You have a schecter sir lol. I got myself a schecter steal off craigslist too.

$200

Congrads. Didn't mean to hijack it. but I want to showoff too!!! lol :/
Stuff:
-Orange Tiny Terror head
-Roland Cube 20x
-Ibanez SA
-Ibanez RG7321
-Fender MIM Strat
-EB Music Man SUB 1
good looking orange there! My new used "cheap" shecter looks d@mn near just as good as my Gibson LP Plus top!
Holy **** that is hottt. Red flame is the (second) hottest body coloring ever. How do you guys find all these sweet CL deals??
Quote by iforgot120
Holy **** that is hottt. Red flame is the (second) hottest body coloring ever. How do you guys find all these sweet CL deals??

Just gotta look man. It doesnt hurt if you live in a somewhat populated area. There are good sized cities all around so pretty good pickings here in Florida. Start with a general idea of what you want then just watch for several weeks. Deals pop up all the time.

I finally got a chance to play for a few hours last night on my Marshall JCM 2000. D@mn this guitar is brutal! It sounds amazing. I'm running a Maxon OD808 into Jcm 2000 TSL 100 into Avatar 2X12. The only thing I am a little scratching my head with is when I tap with the guitar it doesnt come through nearly as clearly as with my Les Paul and I'm not sure why. Pinch harmonics are sweet and everything else is awesome thought.