hey im looking at a vox ac30 and a fender twin which should i choose and why? I play many many styles mostly metal(different amp obvi) ska, rock, jazz, and blusey things. I use a cool cat fuzz, crybaby, lp-100, whammy pedal, an overdrive, and a md-2 in case some reason you need that haha. All comments are welcome especially bad expierences so i can be informed of what im getting into! thanks in advance
Vox is great. I havent done anything with a fender twin but i can say that the Vox ac30 is probably better.
Quote by turd_ferguson
[0:17] If my parents knew I was part of a group who celebrated christmas by drinking cough syrup they would probably cry

WEATHERER, the greatest band ever.
Well if you want cleans and that's pretty much it, the Twin is the way to go. If you want great cleans and great distortion, the AC30 is the obvious choice.

Neither will be particularly great at metal, even with the right pedals, but if you're using a different amp for that like you said, you'll be fine.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
not a fan of the newer vox amps, I love the clean tones from a fender though
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Quote by benx3000
Vox is great. I havent done anything with a fender twin but i can say that the Vox ac30 is probably better.

that was my thoughts they seem durable and brian may, a major influence, plays them so... and what do you like the head or the combo?
So everything but the metal will be played on this amp you're going to get? I tend to steer towards the AC30, because it has an effects loop and is a bit more versatile. If you just want a really nice clean tone, the twin is cool (is it the twin reverb, tweed twin, or twin amp by the way?)
Quote by sg4ever
So everything but the metal will be played on this amp you're going to get? I tend to steer towards the AC30, because it has an effects loop and is a bit more versatile. If you just want a really nice clean tone, the twin is cool (is it the twin reverb, tweed twin, or twin amp by the way?)

fail on me yeah its the reverb twin!
Quote by cannerwrestling
fail on me yeah its the reverb twin!

Awesome clean amp. I hear the older ones are superior, but the new ones still sound very good.