Will someone look like an idiot gigging with an electronic drum kit?

Page 1 of 2
If it's played well and fits in with the band they're playing with, I think it would be fine.
What kind?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
will it look good? no
do I care? no
must you care? if you want chicks yes, otherwise not.
Just play your ass off, and it won;t matter.
But please, buy a decent one.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
As long as you've got it amped loud enough for the crowd to hear it, I don't see what the problem is.

If I saw a band using one live, I'd probably chuckle a little bit, but if the drummer was actually good, I wouldn't think any less of the band.

Hell, it might even be cool if some hip-hop effects got thrown in at certain times.
They do look a bit weird for a gig, they're nice to practice on though but I find that when gigging I hit stuff about twice as hard as I should do and would probably end up breaking my electronic kit. If you do use it, make absolutely sure that all the sound levels are good, i find they vary when using headphones and then speakers, i.e., cymbals become louder and tend to drown out the snare or whatever.

Make me laugh people... go ahead, make me laugh...
yes, they will
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by jamesfarr

Hey, i have one like this myself.

I don't know about gigging tbh mate, i don't think it'd look too bad to be honest. Just all depends on what you're playing.

Hell, i don't see why not though.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Depends on the music. For dance it's perfect, for things like metal or jazz or blues it looks kinda idiotic. But hey, that's coming from me, a guy who jumps around like and idiot at every gig.
Not unless he does it whilst dancing the robot.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
Nah it's possible to pull off, you've just got to be playing the right sort of music. Don't use an electric drum kit in an Indie band, but an Industrial Metal band? Could be cool.
Quote by Zomby Woof
Thats the second Spongebob reference I've seen today.

I'm so proud of you, UG.

I know!!! YOu know yesterday was happy leif ericsson day????
Who celebrated it???
Quote by n to the k
do not.

this is a lame idea

Not really.

If I saw someone perform with an electric drum kit i wouldn't really care. I'd just say "oh, hes using an electric drumkit" and that'd be it.

Plus, it might turn out well.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Not really, and as long as it sounds good, who cares? But I agree, just get a good set and it should be fine.
My friend doesn't want one because he thinks he will look stupid on stage. It would benefit him a lot though.
It doesn't matter what they look like. It's the sound that matters.
And some electric kits nowadays are pretty incredible.

You also have more control over the sound of the drums with an electric kit. Balancing the sound in smaller venues can be made much easier with an electric kit.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by The_Casinator
Depends on the music. For dance it's perfect, for things like metal or jazz or blues it looks kinda idiotic. But hey, that's coming from me, a guy who jumps around like and idiot at every gig.

This.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
As long as it's a decent sounding one then it won't matter to anyone with half a brain cell.
hello
Quote by So-Cal
Yes, they will look like a complete and utter tool.

Explain how ones choice of instrument makes them a tool?
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
I don't think so.
I went to a small gig in a local bar last month, and the guy had an electric kit; the guitarists string broke and he didn't have a backup so he had to restring. To fill up the time while he had to restring, the drummer put his drums on a kinda synth setting and played around on it. 'Twas actually pretty badass.
Not at all. I use one, and people still like me and my drumming.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Page 1 of 2