I'm customizing a neck and the cost is up to 450ish (mainly b/c of binding). Where can I save money by DIY ? (DIMyself? DIM? ha) I don't have much experience with this type of stuff but I have all the resources via my dad and his friend. It looks like if I added a finish to the neck myself it would save like 100$ (well, - materials). If I bought the nut myself and had it installed that would save like 20$ Hrm, well that may be all that I could do. Any other areas? How difficult would it be to finish and "nut" the neck myself?

Side Note: why is compound radius so much cheaper than the standard radius's?
I have to say that I did a tung oil finish on my neck recently (Formby's brand) and it was really simple and turned out nice. It's similar to a thin coat of thin lacquer but more natural feeling. I say go for the neck finish, but get them to do the nut. From what I hear it's rather complicated to do that yourself.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

What kind of wood do you want? Both of my Warmoth's are made with solid Indian rosewood necks...fretboard, everything. They are a touch more expensive than regular necks due to the type of wood, but they require zero finish (bare is completely fine). I think they're the best feeling necks I've ever had (because of them being bare) and they're also the cheapest necks I've used because of the lack of finish.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
I'm not 100% sure what type of wood I want for the back. I want Indian rosewood for the fretboard. (this is Naptime)