Right now I play a LTD EC-1000 with 5150 II and a Marshall 1960 lead cab. Besides that I use some delay/chorus pedals. The gain sounds pretty good(I feel like it lacks some clarity though). And I really dont like the "clean" channel. Everyone has their own opinion on it but I cant get what i want out of it. Im thinking about looking at some Marshall heads. Im looking for more clarity but still distorted, a good warm sound, and a dirty clean channel. If you want to hear generally what im aiming for think along the lines of Tranist(MA)

http://www.myspace.com/transitma
What tubes you got in the 5150 II? It can make or break your tone buddy.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
Quote by {Ѵëņŏmőůş}
What tubes you got in the 5150 II? It can make or break your tone buddy.

6l6's
Quote by Chris189
6l6's

What make / model of tubes?

Power and preamp tubes please.

And if you can't answer this question, then you have A LOT of work to do.
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
A dirty clean channel?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by {Ѵëņŏmőůş}

What make / model of tubes?

Power and preamp tubes please.

And if you can't answer this question, then you have A LOT of work to do.

A - greeeddd
It still has the stock tubes in it (6l6's/12ax7's). I dont know about make and model of them. By "dirty clean channel" I mean a clean channel with a little fuzz/gain on it, but doesnt sound weak like the 5150 clean channel. I would just like to try something new. I know I could mess around with tubes to get a different tone, but I know the tone I want and I have a general idea of how to get it. I just need a little recomendation on what to try out. Hope that clears it up.
if you really want a marshall try a dsl or tsl
also you should try bugera 333, 6260, and 6262
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Quote by distortion896
if you really want a marshall try a dsl or tsl
also you should try bugera 333, 6260, and 6262

Ive looked at those bugera's but ive never played one. What are the differences between the DSL and the TSL?
Quote by Chris189
Ive looked at those bugera's but ive never played one. What are the differences between the DSL and the TSL?

dsl (dual super lead) has a clean and lead channel. tsl (triple super lead) has a clean, crunch, and lead channel
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
You should look into getting your 5150 voodoo modded. they have a standard mod for it. It gives you alot more clarity and less fizz, the eq is more workable.

They have soundclips of it on their website, check it out, it might be exactly what you're looking for.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.