i'm looking to replace my cheap 15watt tenson scream 15.
i have about €350 to spend on one. i play all types of rock, some metal like metallica and sabbath, i also play some bluews like seasick steve.
i currently have a epiphone g-400 and a boss ds-1.
any help and recomendations are greatly appreciated.
Quote by stykerwolf
Check out:
Blackstar HT-5
Blackheart BH15
Peavey Vypyr
Line6 Flextone

blackstar and blackheart are out of my budget, and i'm trying to stay away from modelers.
I say, take a nice 50 watt marshall. Just easy and simpel.

like what amp? i don't want an mg as even though the 4th generation is the best one they're still not the best.
I'm going to repeat my suggestion of the Vox AC4, and with your bigger budget you can pair it with a nice OD pedal.
Quote by aaronni
I'm going to repeat my suggestion of the Vox AC4, and with your bigger budget you can pair it with a nice OD pedal.

so what would be a good od pedal then?
tubescreamer,fulltone drive,bad monkey
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by britishsligean
so what would be a good od pedal then?

Well I'd say it depends whether or not you can crank the Vox much, it gets quite loud even on 1/4 so you may want an OD that sounds good on it's own and paired with the amp's gain. I used a Bad Monkey for a while but I'm searching for a new OD myself.

I would definitely advise trying these amps before you choose. Unfortunately the Vox doesn't have a gain knob so you gotta crank it and that can get loud.
Last edited by aaronni at Oct 11, 2009,
Quote by aaronni
Well I'd say it depends whether or not you can crank the Vox much, it gets quite loud even on 1/4 so you may want an OD that sounds good on it's own and paired with the amp's gain. I used a Bad Monkey for a while but I'm searching for a new OD myself.

I would definitely advise trying these amps before you choose. Unfortunately the Vox doesn't have a gain knob so you gotta crank it and that can get loud.

i will be trying them, since i'm going to dublin later this month and i'm going to try some outand see if i can get a good deal as my brother is trying to get an electric at the same time. i can't try any locally as there are no dealers around me and with the added fact i live in the middle of nowhere it is hard for me to try gear out unless i travel and when i do i don't have much time, so i'm trying to find the best gear for my money and try them out so i don't waste time. at the moment i'm looking at you tube for demos to try help narrow my choice down.
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
tubescreamer,fulltone drive,bad monkey

the tubescreamer and fulltone are too much, but the bad monnkey is not bad
why dont you buy used?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
why dont you buy used?

because i can't afford to travel all around the country as i'm trying to go to university next year and i need about €50000 to get me through
wheres your location?
Quote by angusfan16
whats your closest major city?
Quote by angusfan16
then ebay is your best bet for used
Quote by angusfan16
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
then ebay is your best bet for used

i don't want to use ebay as most of the gear on ebay is from the uk, and i wouldn't buy gear used unless i saw it as i've found alot of people use the press relase photos, so you can't tell what condition the gear is in.
i saw craiglist kind of classifieds in ireland once but i cant recall the website,you have to ask around though
Quote by angusfan16
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
i saw craiglist kind of classifieds in ireland once but i cant recall the website,you have to ask around though

yeah i saw it i found it was rubbish, as it only focused on dublin, and there wasn't much on it anyway
The Bad Monkey is a decent enough choice, it's good for the price. Check out the danelectro cool cat ODs as well. I imagine pedals like the OCD would be out of your budget even used unfortunately.
Quote by aaronni
The Bad Monkey is a decent enough choice, it's good for the price. Check out the danelectro cool cat ODs as well. I imagine pedals like the OCD would be out of your budget even used unfortunately.

i doubt it they are about €255 new, used i guess i would bee looking at about €150-€200, and the vox ac4 is about €237 for the tv8 €300 for the tv, so it would be hard to get one.
Well then the danelectros and the Bad monkey should be good for you. The Danelectros are based on boutique pedals. If I recall correctly the Cool Cat Drive is based on the OCD.
Quote by aaronni
Well then the danelectros and the Bad monkey should be good for you. The Danelectros are based on boutique pedals. If I recall correctly the Cool Cat Drive is based on the OCD.

i heard the danelectro are almost perfect clones of amazing pedals
Quote by britishsligean
i heard the danelectro are almost perfect clones of amazing pedals

They're generally considered great for the price. I have a Cool Cat vibe, great pedal.
what about the laney cub8 or 10, the demos i've seen are pretty good. also what about the fender super champ xd, it looks good and i've found a good deal on one, then normally sell for about €370, but i can get one for about €290.