I know how gimmicky this sounds, but after the past few weeks I feel the need to ask about this.

Basically, my family keeps messing up my recordings. Be it from yelling, coming down the stairs to the corner of the basement I'm foolishly proud enough call a home studio, or telling me to turn it down(Or to shut up in the case of vocal tracks). So I've been thinking, I have lighbulbs, electrical tape, wire, a small box and some red film, how much could I get a lightbulb socket and lightsiwtch for to set up a "RECORDING - QUIET PLEASE" sign at the top of the stairs?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Oct 11, 2009,
go to walmart,
tell them , theyll hook you up.
=)
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
OK. Step one: buy this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GAUU9K/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000BPPN8I&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1ABYGSTYY01V50VWS8KW
Step 2: Make a sign that says "PLEASE be quiet when light is on" or something" and place it above the light
Step 3: Attach light to wall.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
get a key and lock the ****ing door.

or... Tell your family to pay for soundproofing.
Last edited by GisleAune at Oct 11, 2009,
It's not worth trying to wire anything up to the house wiring...you should have an experienced and licensed electrician do that type of work anyways, (I used to do electrical work myself and it's not something to mess around with if you don't know what you are doing.)

Get either a battery powered light with remote or one of those tap lights and put some light red plastic spray paint on it.
Walmart and most places will just try to sell you a butch of crap and not tell you how to properly wire it up. Also you could use red X-mas lights and plug them in when recording.

I personally just have a sign on the basement door that I flip around saying "Recording".
also, i myself,
just wait till everyone leavews or ask them to be quiet?
=/
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.