Im looking to get a valve amp around the 30-50W region for about 250-300 British pounds, which would be best to get?
The only one that leaps to mind new would be the Peavey Valve King. I wasn't that impressed with it myself but to its credit, it is cheap. If it was me, I'd be tempted to save a bit more cash and get something better from Ebay.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
VC-15 or 30?
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
what type of music?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
used HR deluxe
Laney VC - ?
Pos. Fender BJ
Peavey classic 30
could look into orange TT or Vox Night Train...
Quote by Tay-ron
go listen to the sound of grass growing. then play it.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||| My Music
||||||||||||||
|||||||||||
|||||||||
|||||||
||||||
|||||
||||
|||
||
|
Yeah, you could probably get a used Hot Rod Deluxe for that price. Maybe a used Laney AOR 50 if you can find one.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Quote by heavy_input
I play Indie/Alternative stuff. Any ideas?

could you give some examples of bands? your idea of indie/alternative might be different from mine (probably is, i'm not really into either ).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
could you give some examples of bands? your idea of indie/alternative might be different from mine (probably is, i'm not really into either ).

Yeah I play music like The Libertines and Arctic Monkeys. And also Ive seen a Vox VT50 on the internet for 220 brand new. It any good?
it's not all-valve.

if you already have a speaker cab (or can find one cheap), i'd be really tempted to recommend this:

http://www.valvepower.co.uk/index.htm

assuming you dig vintage marshall tones and don't need pristine fendery cleans. from what little arctic monkeys and libertines i've heard, they've had a pretty british-voiced crunch tone, but I could be way off there.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?