Hello everyone!

I'm looking for an electric guitar. It will be first electric for me and I'm also getting an amp so I need some help choosing.

I like hardcore, punk, metalcore, rock
and I'm planning on playing rhythm guitar in a band

I really like godin redline 1 but there are also ibanez ict-700 and schecter hellraiser c-1 / c-1 atx in the same price range.

Which one would you recomend ? why?
What would I lose (soundwise) if I choose godin which has only the bridge pickup?
Any other suggestions?

For amp I will probably buy one of these:
Marshall AVT50
VOX VT-30 (or vt-50)
RANDALL RX-75RG2
RANDALL RG-75DG3

any help would be appreciated
The hellraiser's always been my favorite. I've never played either of the other two, but I've always found Schecter is s solid, not to mention popular, brand for playing metal.

And with only the bridge pickup, you lose a lot of range of sound. A good neck pickup will give you a more full-bodied sound than the bridge one.
I think they're all really good choices but for the gutiars, are they your first Guitar? Were you classically trained with an acoustic or something?
since it appears you like the look of fat strats, i would suggest you stick with passive pickups (ones that do not have emg's or seymour duncan blackouts), i would look at an ibanez rga. for the amp i would get the vox as it is the best one you've listed, or you could look at a low wattage valve amp if you don't want effects, or if you do you could look at a fender superchamp xd.
Quote by britishsligean
since it appears you like the look of fat strats, i would suggest you stick with passive pickups (ones that do not have emg's or seymour duncan blackouts), i would look at an ibanez rga. for the amp i would get the vox as it is the best one you've listed, or you could look at a low wattage valve amp if you don't want effects, or if you do you could look at a fender superchamp xd.

The new low-end RGAs have active pickups, youd have to find an older used RGA to get passives.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
first off there are way better guitars in that range. Ibanez xiphos, for example are awesome. But whatever. Out of those 4, I would definitely get the hellraiser atx. Although if I were you, i would get a hellraiser tempest, theyre pretty cool. Also, with the godlin, it wouldn't really be as versatile as other guitars, so it probably wouldnt be the best for a starting guitar.

Edit: for the amp, id get a vox.
Quote by turd_ferguson
[0:17] If my parents knew I was part of a group who celebrated christmas by drinking cough syrup they would probably cry

WEATHERER, the greatest band ever.
Last edited by benx3000 at Oct 11, 2009,
thanks for replies.

first off there are way better guitars in that range. Ibanez xiphos, for example are awesome. But whatever. Out of those 4, I would definitely get the hellraiser atx. Although if I were you, i would get a hellraiser tempest, theyre pretty cool. Also, with the godlin, it wouldn't really be as versatile as other guitars, so it probably wouldnt be the best for a starting guitar.

Edit: for the amp, id get a vox.

I'm aware of the xiphos but I want something with fixed bridge.

why passive over active?
Quote by grander
thanks for replies.

I'm aware of the xiphos but I want something with fixed bridge.

They have Xiphos in fixed bridge, and check out the Peavey vypyr 60W tube amp.
why passive over active?

active pickups do not sound as good through solid state amps rather than valve amps
the xphios that is a fixed bridge is a 7 string.. the 6 string fixed bridge has yet to be released.. & it's not true that actives don't sound good through solids.. they sound the best. just they sound wayy better through tubes..
The schecter hellraiser hands down its coil tapped so you can get single coil sounds on top of the already versatile guitar.. personally schecter is my favorite company though.. they make solid guitars that are always exceptional for the price you really can't go wrong with schecter..

you wouldn't go into war without ammo why go on stage without a schecter?
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
Quote by MetalGuitarest
the xphios that is a fixed bridge is a 7 string.. the 6 string fixed bridge has yet to be released.. & it's not true that actives don't sound good through solids.. they sound the best. just they sound wayy better through tubes..

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-XPT700-Xiphos-Electric-Guitar?sku=500161

Fixed Xiphos.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

all three are good but i would say the hellrasier but at the same time what i say do its what i do is pick each one up feel it the neck the body the whole deal see witch feels goos witch feels right to you thats the one you get as for the amp i say a marsehl they rock
I say the Schecter they're solid and don't break on you. Not only that but even if the Hellraiser has active pickups and might be a pain in the ass at first they definitely sound great, if you're not into the active pick ups go for the C-1 Atx. I just dont like ibanez they feel cheapy to me, and the other guitar only had one pick up. Schecter = Solid and versatile.
Edit:The hellraiser solo 6 is nice as well
Last edited by SynysterPiglet at Oct 12, 2009,
I have used the vox VT series before and i recommended them. Also check out the roland cube. Also have a look at 5w all tube amps. They should cost about the same as the avt but sound alot better.

Have you had a look at a HSS squire strat?
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.