so, the sepultura thread is old and crusty, and the cavalera conspiracy thread got closed. this is to descuss cavalera-era sep. and cavalera conspiracy and anything else to do with them.

so i have 'roots', 'beneath the remains', and 'inkflikted'. what others should i get?
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Interpret, Adapt, Overcome.
Schizophrenia and Arise. Throw away your copy of Roots and Inflikted. They do more harm than good.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
most of roots wasn't that good, but i dont care wat u say, roots bloody roots is f*cking powerfull. i dont think that inflikted was THAT bad...
People think that entertainers are very different from regular people, but we're not. You work hard for your money, we work hard for your money -Gene Simmons

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

roots bloody roots was a killer track.
the rest of that album varied from ****e to "i wish i'd bought the other ablum i was thinking of buying".

beneath the remains is easily the best think cavalera has ever done.
illustration student - happy to do any band artwork/logos
some of my work can be seen at:

theGentleSquid

i like inflikted a lot actually.

but arise is my favourite cavalera era sep. album. GET IT!!
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
ya, i knew inflikted wasn't that bad.
one thing that i really like about them is how their music kind of blends thrash and death metal. i havent heard to many bands that did that very good.

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Sorry but my personal opinion is that after Arise Sepultura went downhill. They just sounded different and i didnt like it. If it aint broke dont fix it
well ya, A.D. and Roots weren't that good, and IMO theyre horrible now.

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

I do not like these guys (or anything they've ever done) at all lol. They smoke bricks and write crappy metal imo.
Morbid Visions, Schizophrenia and the Bestial Devastation ep are all stone cold classics that helped to create and define death metal during its emergent phase. There's a legitimate argument to be made that Beneath the Remains is an essential release as well, though it's not my cup of tea. The rest of Sepultura's releases run the gamut from "meh" to utter and complete audio turds.
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
I do not like these guys (or anything they've ever done) at all lol. They smoke bricks and write crappy metal imo.

so why are u wasting your time in our thread?

i actually haven't heard much of the albums after max left, but one of my friends went to see them, and apparently theyre simply horrible now

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Morbid Visions and Bestial Devastation are by far the best Sepultura albums.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Chaos AD is my favourite Max/Igor Seps album, it starts of the style they continue with for pretty much the rest of their career, and it's the best example of that style.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
Chaos AD is my favourite Max/Igor Seps album, it starts of the style they continue with for pretty much the rest of their career, and it's the best example of that style.

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Tell me about it.

The first half of the album is fantastic, Refuse/Resist is a monster of an opener.

EDIT: BIYOTEEEEECH
BIYOTEEEEECH
BIYOTEEEEECH
...SAY WHAT

BIYOTEEEEECH
BIYOTEEEEECH
BIYOTEEEEECH
EES GODZEELARRGH
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Oct 11, 2009,
is there still talk of the cavaleras rejoining?

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Quote by sound-byte
so, the sepultura thread is old and crusty, and the cavalera conspiracy thread got closed. this is to descuss cavalera-era sep. and cavalera conspiracy and anything else to do with them.

so i have 'roots', 'beneath the remains', and 'inkflikted'. what others should i get?

Just for the record: I think Infliked is great.

You should get Arise and Schizophrenia. The latter being the best Sepultura album, IMBO. You don't need anything Sepultura put out after Arise, and certainly not anything after Max left, and certainly not anything after Igor left.

..actually I take that back, I thought Dante XXI was really good.
Last edited by the_jackyl at Oct 11, 2009,
I'm thinking about getting the new Cavalera Conspiracy cd to help Max afford treatment for his terrible case of Robb Flynn Disease.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
I like the first two tracks from Inflikted a lot...but then the album seemed to die to me.
Quote by Monolith295
I'm thinking about getting the new Cavalera Conspiracy cd to help Max afford treatment for his terrible case of Robb Flynn Disease.

? whats this?

Seven String Legion

Quote by ctfod
Ov Bone and the Marrow

Can't find the big in-depth description, but here.
http://www.themetalinquisition.com/2008/03/robb-flynns-disease-pathology.html
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.