Today i plugged in a ispot power supply to my bass big muff and now batteries dont work in it, but if i plug in the power supply it still works is there any way to fix this, because my warrenty is up and i cant do anything about it.
Quote by Nucci009
Today i plugged in a ispot power supply to my bass big muff and now batteries dont work in it, but if i plug in the power supply it still works is there any way to fix this, because my warrenty is up and i cant do anything about it.

did you check all the ratings where correct before you plugged it in? have you checked the battery you are using has power in it?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman
did you check all the ratings where correct before you plugged it in? have you checked the battery you are using has power in it?

x

yea well the battery that i was using ended up dying too but i pluged in a new one and it still didn't work so im thinking that it burned out somehow. but i someone online said the use that powersupply with their bass big muff and it works, so idk what to do
Quote by Nucci009
yea well the battery that i was using ended up dying too but i pluged in a new one and it still didn't work so im thinking that it burned out somehow. but i someone online said the use that powersupply with their bass big muff and it works, so idk what to do

Well at least now you now know not to trust what anyone says over the internet without checking it yourself.

What is the input voltage rating on the pedal?

what is the voltage rating on the power supply?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Quote by shinhoman
Well at least now you now know not to trust what anyone says over the internet without checking it yourself.

What is the input voltage rating on the pedal?

what is the voltage rating on the power supply?

x

well it says for the pedal at least 100mA and the optional power supply is 9.6dc-200bi and it says its the same as used by boss witch is what the i spot says it can be used for. and then it says 9/6 volts DC 200mA. so i dont know what the problem was
Quote by Spaz91
You've burnt it out. Happened with a pedal I had. If your warranty is up then you're ****ed so just buy a new one.

Well it works with the power supply but will it work as good?
Quote by Nucci009
Well it works with the power supply but will it work as good?

Its just the battery circuit thats dead so if you're fine using a power supply (don't be a cheap skate, use the one they tell you to) then there's no problem. Personally I find it much better to use batteries with a charger so i can have less sodding cables everywhere.
Quote by Spaz91
Its just the battery circuit thats dead so if you're fine using a power supply (don't be a cheap skate, use the one they tell you to) then there's no problem. Personally I find it much better to use batteries with a charger so i can have less sodding cables everywhere.

ok thanks but what power supply am i actually suppose to use, because im really not sure.
Honestly, I think running any pedal is smarter with a power supply. Why waste batteries, you know?
Try it, I dare you!
Quote by execution_666
Honestly, I think running any pedal is smarter with a power supply. Why waste batteries, you know?

yea i was thinking about getting one anyway. But i didn't know if now that the battery thing doesnt work if it would effect the sound. but it doesn't so im fine with that.
Quote by execution_666

One battery charger is cheaper than 10 power supplies.