I tediously dialed in a decent metal tone with my Pod XT Live which I like.

Since amps can vary such huge amounts and I am never in a good situation to try out amps, I thought UG might be able to help me out with this and suggest me some amps which will give me a tone like this, with the possibility of a nice clean tone.

Go ahead, suggest anything, amps and OD/Dist pedals too if you like. I'm doing plenty of research before my next buy

Clip:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Bigaxmax/music/all/play715507

Thanks in advance
I was thinking Bogner Uberschall/Ectasy along with blue_strat's recommendations.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Last edited by Chrisiphone at Oct 11, 2009,
Quote by blue_strat
Probably a Diezel VH4 or Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier.

this.

also, are you in like, drop B?? sounds slightly out of tune regardless.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
thanks guys, and yeah, just a bit of breakdown riff wankage in standard B
Quote by TK1
this.

also, are you in like, drop B?? sounds slightly out of tune regardless.

Mesa with a Maxon OD808?

Also, he sounded in tune to me. It was a good lower octave of my B off of the A string. (can't get used to my perfect pitch...)
I would hope a Diezel or Bogner would never sound like that clip, cause there is zero tone in it.

I say it has more of a 6505 dark fizz type tone. But even that is insulting to the 6505.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
I would hope a Diezel or Bogner would never sound like that clip, cause there is zero tone in it.

I say it has more of a 6505 dark fizz type tone. But even that is insulting to the 6505.

*lolz*

I chuckled. And I agree. No offense, but it sounded horrible. Does sound Recto-ish, from what I can take out with the fizz.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--

I know it doesn't sound good, thats why I'm asking.

No budget limit, I'm just finding out what I can.

All I mean't by that clip was that kind of distortion, and as people have stated, its pretty much recto style. Can't really get much better from a quick USB recording from the pod.

I will probably end up going used on Ebay after trying out what I can from various shops. But if anyone could give me some further insight on the Bogner Uberschall then that would be greatly appreciated