Hi,

I've had my orange tiny terror for little over a year now and i think its great. Before that i had a line 6 spider III 75, i liked the distortion on that amp but not the crunch tones, and back then i played AC/DC and Sabbath so i decided to get a tiny terror, now dont get me wrong, the TT is great for everything from AC/DC to Sabbath, but anything heavier than Sabbath is a no go, there isnt enough distortion.

I then went on my brothers spider III and it felt so good to play some metallica with some heavier distortion.

What im trying to say is that i htik ive wasted my money on the tiny terror, ive tried a few distortion pedals with the amp and none seem to sound right, do you guys think that i should sell my TT and get a new amp (if so what kind, my bidget would be about £350), and if you think i should stay with my TT then what can you sujest to boost the distortion?

thanks
Last edited by rock rocks at Oct 11, 2009,
Save up and then buy a better amp. If you go out buying a 350 quid amp all you're gonna get is worse than a TT.

You can also try a decent high-gain distortion pedal like a Barber Dirty Bomb (just stay away from high gain Boss distortions).
Well surely if you like the amp for what you bought it to do then it's not a waste of money?
What's your budget for a pedal?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by rock rocks
good old England

Excellent!

Well there are a few of those doubleshots floating about. If you like it I think I know of a shop that has one you could e-mail
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

are there any decent music shops near you? the TT is pretty common, you could just try it with a bunch of boosts and distortion pedals and see how good it sounds. that'd be the first thing to do, mainly because it means not spending too much money.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
OD pedal. Sonic Stomp. Push that TT make it show its teeth.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
What you need.. is an OD pedal.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Can a Tiny Terror do metal? I've only heard some youtube clips with dudes throwing Tube Screamers in front of the TT's and they sound quite decent.