Which is better for shredding? RR24 or LTD alexi 600
Last edited by MetalBluesMan3 at Oct 11, 2009,
upto you really,
some people find it easier to shred on different necks
It's up to you.

I'd personally go with the RR24, as the Alexi is most likely over-priced because of Alexi's name on it.

And VS threads are not allowed.
As far as I'm concerned, there is no difference in playability.

Remember, the only reason Alexi is with ESP is cause his git got stolen, Jackson couldn't built him another one in time, so ESP built him one - now he's with ESP.

All I can say is, play both so that you can feel which one feels best.
It really can't get more shred than a Jackson (Soloist) though, Steve Vai was playing Jacksons before Ibanez endorsed him.
Hope this helps.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
It's up to you.

I'd personally go with the RR24, as the Alexi is most likely over-priced because of Alexi's name on it.

And VS threads are not allowed.

HOW DO I DELETE THIS THREAD???!????
Quote by MetalBluesMan3
HOW DO I DELETE THIS THREAD???!????
Press EDIT and select delete thread.
I don't know about shredding, but for playing actual music, the alexi feels awesome.
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Quote by MetalBluesMan3
Is the Pickup in the LTD passive?

Yes.

It's preference between the two guitars.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The alexi in my opinion is an absoloute piece of ****!!!!

I played one, it felt like crap! its like a try hard rhoads, i have a Jackson RR5 and its ****ing awesome, the alexi lower horn was just in the way, it was not small enough and not big enough, awkwardly in the middle, the jacking point is in the dumbest place for sitting and playing, and emg-hz? REALY?? HZ!? WTF! at my local shop in australia it was $3250 !!!!! the dan jacobs sig is $2,350 here (on sale, mind you been on sale for that price for the last 2 years haha and now his v is the same price here) and it has emg 81 60 and and ORIGINAL Floyd!!! Alexi is just making money of those pieces of ****. By a real rhoads and get the Jackson!!! You'll be much more happier! Plus the necks are built to shred!
Mission : Operation Shred
^ orly?
you're being biased here dude.

TS, both feels great for shredding, the only Difference IMO is the HZ and to the guy above me, the FR-1000 is a GREAT Floyd Rose and if a guitar doesnt have an OFR it doesnt mean its crap.

^and what do you have to say about the "Vintage" V's lower horn? alot of players use them. BTW i PLAYED a USED ESP JAPAN Alexi and it RESEMBLES the RR24 and IMO its felt better. ESP USA(and others) made the lowerhorn larger due to JAckson's patents.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Im not in favor for the rr24 cuz I like the RR J2SP the most! and its f*cking rare as hell.

If ur going for the LTD I'd suggest u to go with Edwards. A tiny bit more expensive but quality is very close to a actual ESP.

Btw to all those who complain about the EMG HZ... ****ING TURN ON THE GAIN BOOST! THATS WAT ITS FOR GOD DAMMIT
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
Im not in favor for the rr24 cuz I like the RR J2SP the most! and its f*cking rare as hell.

If ur going for the LTD I'd suggest u to go with Edwards. A tiny bit more expensive but quality is very close to a actual ESP.

Btw to all those who complain about the EMG HZ... ****ING TURN ON THE GAIN BOOST! THATS WAT ITS FOR GOD DAMMIT

THIS!

BUT the USA 600 doesnt have them the Edwards does tho, BUT its pretty hard to find them in the US.
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
THIS!

BUT the USA 600 doesnt have them the Edwards does tho, BUT its pretty hard to find them in the US.

Thats what Ebay is for

How could LTD even forget the boost... one of the main features IS the boost
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
Thats what Ebay is for

How could LTD even forget the boost... one of the main features IS the boost

Cutting costs?
feel free to add me
Quote by MeLodicDethMTL
But still how much more would it cost them to put a boost...

you can do it yourself ya know
feel free to add me
i know the floyd 1000 isnt bad, i just thought for that price they would have OFR. but ah well. i played one again just recently and didnt find it as bad as the other one, maybe it was set up like shit. still dont like the pickup. just doesnt have the heavyness i want in it. the Dj 600v or just 600 has emg 81 n 85 and it has an afterburner, which boosts them 20desipals which is awesome.
Mission : Operation Shred