Page 1 of 2
I'm looking to collaborate with other musicians who play death metal. I use a Line 6 POD UX2 through Audacity to record guitars. I also can program drums through GP5's RSE, but if someone has DFH, that would be much better.

Influences: Death, Cynic, At the Gates, etc.

Anyone interested?

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
I have DFH...

Don't have enough mics to mic my set properly or I'd just play drums
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by bdan91
Death Rules...
I can do vocals, but i suck at guitar..

Awesome. What vocal style do you do? (eg. low growls, high screams, etc.)

Quote by Bigaxmax
Don't mind doing some rhythm guitar for you

Just curious, what kind of equipment are you using for recording?

Quote by MadAudioMan
If the ATG influence means TRITSIO, and not SoTS, I may be interested...

I'm not terribly interested in emulating the whole melodeath sound, I just like the sound of Tomas Lindberg's vocals tbh.

Various DFH users:

Are any of you willing/able to write the drum parts? I can do basic beats and whatnot, but my parts are typically repetitive and boring

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

hey i'll do some lead for you as long as it doesn't have to be ****ty lead that's just shredshredshred. If you want to see if i'm good enough here's me playing selkies (i'm on the left and i do the hard parts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKSkVSlaF-4

only one problem - i moved to another country and have only a guitar right now
Quote by MustaKuura
hey i'll do some lead for you as long as it doesn't have to be ****ty lead that's just shredshredshred. If you want to see if i'm good enough here's me playing selkies (i'm on the left and i do the hard parts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKSkVSlaF-4

only one problem - i moved to another country and have only a guitar right now

Let me know when you get recording equipment, you have serious chops man.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

well idk how long it'll take to get an amp, but what do i need to plug into a computer? is there some adaptor for my cable or something? and can i get a good enough sound using through just my computer (with the help of possible programs and what not)
You can get a Line 6 interface (Line 6 UX1) for around $150 (130 Euro). It comes with decent modeling software, and it doesn't have any noticeable latency. I know Line 6 has a horrible reputation on this site, but if you're on a budget, the interface is a great deal.

EDIT: The interface hooks up to USB.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

I'd be interested in playing some guitar. I'm a huge fan of the bands you listed. writing some rhythm stuff along the lines of death, obituary etc. is right up my alley. I can come up with some decent melodic leads ala Arch Enemy as well if need be. I'm open to anything as long as I can play it, so no Necrophagist type stuff, believe me I wish I could

Any tuning from Standard to 2 Steps Down is cool for me, any lower would be tough though.

Gear is in my sig along with a pretty sizeable pedalboard and some rack gear to be added soon. I record with a SM57 into a POD UX1 and either Sony Acid or Audacity.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Oct 13, 2009,
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'd be interested in playing some guitar. I'm a huge fan of the bands you listed. writing some rhythm stuff along the lines of death, obituary etc. is right up my alley. I can come up with some decent melodic leads ala Arch Enemy as well if need be. I'm open to anything as long as I can play it, so no Necrophagist type stuff, believe me I wish I could

Any tuning from Standard to 2 Steps Down is cool for me, any lower would be tough though.

Gear is in my sig along with a pretty sizeable pedalboard and some rack gear to be added soon. I record with a SM57 into a POD UX1 and either Sony Acid or Audacity.

Nice amps. I can't actually mic up a cab because I live in a college dorm

I was thinking about doing a cover just to get a feel for the whole online band collaboration. Is anybody willing to do Crystal Mountain - Death?

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by Das_Skittles

I was thinking about doing a cover just to get a feel for the whole online band collaboration. Is anybody willing to do Crystal Mountain - Death?

Love that song but I don't have a guitar in D right now but I can restring my guitar with some lighter strings (12-62 are on there now) and give it a go. It will take me a bit to learn it but I could handle all the rhythm parts I'm sure. The solos I could play but someone with more chops would do it better justice.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
as of right now idk when i'm going to get the adapter. If you want i can send a demo of some of my solos, or a guitar pro version of one of them. They're pretty progressive, not so evil sounding. Lots of sweeps etc. Interested? oh and this might've been somewhere already but what do you play and what positions are already filled? (i'm gunning for lead guitar if possible)
So as of now, the line up would be something like this:

Vocals- Open
Lead- MustaKuuru
Rhythym- Necrophagist777, Das_Skittles
Bass- open
Drums-muckypup

I only included people who have posted multiple times in the thread as potential members.

I can also play mildly difficult solos if need be, ie tapping, tremolo picking, some shred runs. I definitely can't sweep though.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by Das_Skittles

I could see if I can make the drum track for the song dude.
dude 3 guitars could be ****ing badass... if we don't over do it. So do you have any demos to send out? or gp5 files? I'd like to get a feel for what kind of band this would be (like more german tech or american tech or melodic or w/e) AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we play in either Drop C (preferable) or D standard? I have a floyd rose and oh god i don't want to have to change my set up
Quote by MustaKuura
dude 3 guitars could be ****ing badass... if we don't over do it. So do you have any demos to send out? or gp5 files? I'd like to get a feel for what kind of band this would be (like more german tech or american tech or melodic or w/e) AND PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can we play in either Drop C (preferable) or D standard? I have a floyd rose and oh god i don't want to have to change my set up

Drop C or D Standard sounds perfect to me. And on a personal level I usually write along the lines of kind of thrashy Melodic Death Metal (Arch Enemy, The Absence, The Black Dahlia Murder) or older American stuff like Death and Obituary but I'm open to trying out any style.

This is gonna be really fun, you got some awesome chops bro I can also do some backing vocals if you want a second voice to accent things. I have a pretty good super low grunt (dying fetus etc.) or really really high pitched screams. But my voice doesn't last very long so I wouldn't be a good main vocalist.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Oct 13, 2009,
I play in D Standard and Drop C mostly, so that's not a problem. My writing style is a combination of newer Death (think Sound of Perseverance) with some melodeath mixed in. I listen to a lot of Iron Maiden, so I do emphasize harmony, but not as heavily as a band like In Flames. I'll try to upload some stuff by the end of the week.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by Das_Skittles
I play in D Standard and Drop C mostly, so that's not a problem. My writing style is a combination of newer Death (think Sound of Perseverance) with some melodeath mixed in. I listen to a lot of Iron Maiden, so I do emphasize harmony, but not as heavily as a band like In Flames. I'll try to upload some stuff by the end of the week.

I can write some riffs in GP5 to have you look at.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by MustaKuura
okay guys give me some emails or some im names or something

st6bladz "at" hotmail.com(MSN)
SPX Blad3s (AIM)

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Das_Skittles
"somethingendless@gmail.com" is my email.

I don't generally use IM or anything else

You should definitely download MSN messenger, it would make it a lot easier to communicate and send gp's and stuff back and forth to each other.

On another note I forgot how heavy and awesome Cynic's focus album was, I hope we can implement some similar stuff.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by prizefighter211
I can do bass for this, my last band tuned to C standard so I'm cool with down tuning

Awesome. I think we're playing in D standard and maybe some Drop C. For now, I think we're going to do a cover of Death's Crystal Mountain, which is in D standard. There are some pretty good tabs on this site.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by Das_Skittles
Awesome. I think we're playing in D standard and maybe some Drop C. For now, I think we're going to do a cover of Death's Crystal Mountain, which is in D standard. There are some pretty good tabs on this site.

I'm planning on restringing and setting up my schecter in D tomorrow so I'll start working on learnin it.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Damn, I wanna play lead or rythm guitar! I can play that song with the solo. Too bad you already have guitarists
Gear:

Guitars:
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson
Schecter C-1 Custom FR
Schecter C-1 Plus
Schecter Damien Elite 7
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II
Fender acoustic

Bass: Harley Benton HBB400TBK

Amp: Peavy valveking 112
Line6 POD HD500
Quote by muckypup
So should I make the drum track for that song?

If you want bro, but I was planning on playing the song along to the GP file here on UG when I record the rhythm parts, so if you can make it close to the original (some original fills and stuff would be cool though) so that my part fits would be great. Can I get your MSN or AIM too, thanks.

Quote by BoggaN
Damn, I wanna play lead or rythm guitar! I can play that song with the solo. Too bad you already have guitarists

Hmmmm, I really like your taste in bands and your vids. I don't have a problem with you playing some parts, but we already have 3 players and I'm not sure what the other guys think

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Oct 15, 2009,
Quote by prizefighter211
im on the road with a band right now so it wont be until monday when I get some tracks up

sick man. Glad to have you on board. hit me up on msn or aim if you get a chance.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
If you want bro, but I was planning on playing the song along to the GP file here on UG when I record the rhythm parts, so if you can make it close to the original (some original fills and stuff would be cool though) so that my part fits would be great. Can I get your MSN or AIM too, thanks.

Hmmmm, I really like your taste in bands and your vids. I don't have a problem with you playing some parts, but we already have 3 players and I'm not sure what the other guys think

I can make the drum track with the guitar pro tab. Just tell me what one is the right version that you are playing along to and I will make it. Also, my email is vai@usa.com but I don't have a AIM or MSN at the moment. I will make one in a few days though.
I'll be getting MSN within a couple days. I'm swamped with work until the weekend.

Quote by Pat_s1t

Quote by WCPhils

Quote by due 07

Quote by Das_Skittles
Awesome. What vocal style do you do? (eg. low growls, high screams, etc.)

Just curious, what kind of equipment are you using for recording?

I'm not terribly interested in emulating the whole melodeath sound, I just like the sound of Tomas Lindberg's vocals tbh.

Various DFH users:

Are any of you willing/able to write the drum parts? I can do basic beats and whatnot, but my parts are typically repetitive and boring

I can do lows and highs....
I can do some gutterals too if your looking for the slam type vox..
Guys I know I've been really pumped about this project but I'm just not gonna be able to do it. I have some people lined up for a band and some gigs planned when I move to Ohio next summer and I feel I really need to woodshed and devote myself to practice this winter to really step my playing up.

I know boggan wants to play so he can take my spot. Sorry guys, hope it works out for you all.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Ill throw down on some guitar man
Got 2 Ibanez Rg7321 7 strings
One in drop A tuning the other in G# for the low string and drop B on the standard 6 strings

Kustom Quad 100HD Head with Metalzone or Metalcore distortion pedal
Laney 2x12 super modded out!!! Ive KRANKED the kustom head to 10 on volume with 2 pair of earplugs in and could not get the speakers to rattle with the heaviest riffs I know
BADASS

If interested I can do some recordings

I dont know which software for sure Ill be useing because 2 of my comps crashed but it woould either be Acid Pro, reaper, or Adobe Auditions software
Quote by Dimebag615
Ill throw down on some guitar man
Got 2 Ibanez Rg7321 7 strings
One in drop A tuning the other in G# for the low string and drop B on the standard 6 strings

Kustom Quad 100HD Head with Metalzone or Metalcore distortion pedal
Laney 2x12 super modded out!!! Ive KRANKED the kustom head to 10 on volume with 2 pair of earplugs in and could not get the speakers to rattle with the heaviest riffs I know
BADASS

If interested I can do some recordings

I dont know which software for sure Ill be useing because 2 of my comps crashed but it woould either be Acid Pro, reaper, or Adobe Auditions software

Nice gear dude!
Page 1 of 2