Is it possible to change a bridges?
i have a rgt42dxfm with edge 3 pro and i want to change it to edge zero pro.
Quote by pifty
Ibanez Tremolos - Swapping

There's some controversy going on about which Ibanez trem swaps with what. Some people say one thing, some people say another, and there are contradictory accounts of what fits into which route. One thing is true - Edge III, Edge Pro II, and both varieties of LoTrs are not going to last, and need to be replaced in the long run. Below are the swaps I've done, or saw being done by trustworthy people.

LoTRS I/II: most famously known to be replaced with the Original Floyd Rose or Gotoh FR. If you are replacing the studs, you will need to drill your guitar to accomodate the new bigger studs.
Edge Pro II: swaps with the Edge Pro. The locking stud mod is also recommended.
Edge III: swaps with the Original Floyd Rose. Stud rule applies, OFR studs are bigger. Additionally, there is a variation in Edge III routes that prevent the easy swap in some series.

Keep in mind that just because a tremolo fits into your guitar doesn't mean it will work for your guitar. A different bridge might affect the length of the scale, and prevent proper intonation. A different bridge might throw your action off and thus require neck shimming. Lastly, a different bridge (especially a non-Ibanez machine in an Ibanez guitar) will most likely have a different string radius, thanks to the ultra flat necks that Ibanez uses.

I personally would rather invest an additional few hundred dollars in a guitar with a good trem than go through the replacement process. RG Prestige series have a number of advantages over the regular series that are well worth the price increase. If you choose to swap, then go ahead, but keep in mind that I wrote this section specifically to discourage you from doing that.

I wish I could buy a guitar with each one of those trems, and try to replace them with other things to give you a firsthand account, but unfortunately I have rent to pay and a cat to feed, and I'm not really interested in stocking indonesian Ibanez junk in my closet for the benefit of humanity. So my advice instead is: DO NOT BUY AN IBANEZ GUITAR WITH A BAD TREM, since there are always better options.

So no, it does not swap.
i suspect that was written before the advent of the edge zero pro... that being said, if the edge zero pro is a different size (i think it might be, but am not certain, at all), it's not going to fit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the "edge 3 pro" and "edge zero pro" haven`t even been invented yet.....

just lose the "pro" off the end of each title.

learn how to maintain your trem and you won`t have to swap anything.
Quote by Dave_Mc
i suspect that was written before the advent of the edge zero pro... that being said, if the edge zero pro is a different size (i think it might be, but am not certain, at all), it's not going to fit.

It was around, but I think you're right that it wasn't taken into consideration for that write up.

I would think that it wouldn't work because of the way the Edge Zero is designed, but I don't think anyone has actually tried the swap yet. Mainly because it isn't the most sought after of trems...
^ yeah, that's what i'd have thought, too. Isn't the edge zero a bit like a hybrid between the edge pro and the ZR? if so, then you're probably right.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There's no such thing as the "edge 3 pro"....i'm assuming it's an edge 3 because there's little reason to want to get rid of an edge pro.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com