it sounds good. like good clean sounds, quality, good on the ear. BUT it sounds kind of generic. i feel as if i've heard these tunes many times before. it's sounds like you're capable of getting good sounds and just playing nicely overall, i'm just not hearing that uniqueness.
but that's just me. i think you have pretty damn solid potential. thumbs up
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
hey man thanks for the feedback , i only listen'd to bold and i really liked the whole song alot but i really liked the opening riff , its very sick man. also what are you recording with ? your quality is amazing man. trenton ontario hey? i was born there
Quote by ma'geeetar
hey man thanks for the feedback , i only listen'd to bold and i really liked the whole song alot but i really liked the opening riff , its very sick man. also what are you recording with ? your quality is amazing man. trenton ontario hey? i was born there

I use a presonus firebox and go DI with the guitars and use midi for the drums. Thanks, I appreciate it. That's crazy, small world eh.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
I really liked both of them, The drums on Bold were better in my opinion. Raindrops guitar was killer, reminded me of like Opeth even though i didnt really care for the drums on that song, thats more personal preference I think though. Keep up the good man.
Quote by Saintonge
I really liked both of them, The drums on Bold were better in my opinion. Raindrops guitar was killer, reminded me of like Opeth even though i didnt really care for the drums on that song, thats more personal preference I think though. Keep up the good man.

Thanks and ya haha, I was a bit skeptical about having those drums in there since they're not for everyone.

I posted a new song so crit away everyone!
How long did it take you to write Me vs. You? I really dig it man, With some vocals it would be killer, you should really try to do some. I mean I suck at vocals but If I really concentrate I can get them to come out. But either way that song is killer, Best one out of those in my opinion! Keep it up, you have tons of talent man.
Quote by Saintonge
How long did it take you to write Me vs. You? I really dig it man, With some vocals it would be killer, you should really try to do some. I mean I suck at vocals but If I really concentrate I can get them to come out. But either way that song is killer, Best one out of those in my opinion! Keep it up, you have tons of talent man.

I wrote it this afternoon lol. Wrote as I recorded, so about 3 hours of writing/recording. I think the bridge in that song is one of the coolest bridges I've ever written. I'm actually starting singing lessons this week. I'm recording/writing an album instrumentally and then once I can sing all right I'm gunna record/write vocals than assemble a band. So those songs will definitely have vocals in the future. I really appreciate your feedback! Both as positive reinforcement aswell as an ego stroke! ahaha
Last edited by JordantheAxe at Oct 12, 2009,
Listened to Raindrops. The beat was nice. It was cool overall, but maybe without vocals it feels a bit "flat".
Quote by RockAddict311
what midi drums do u use?

I'll only tell you if you crit the songs lol.... just kidding, but I'm hoping you'll still crit the songs. Steven Slate Drums LE. Bought it for $150 and was a damn good investment. You like them?
I'm listening to bold and critiquing (is that even a word??) as I listen.

Nice guitar tone, love the sort of overtones and squeeks (I know theres a musical term for that but I'm something of a theory ignoramus) in it. I think if you went back and recorded a second guitar track over that it would really bring it to life. The lack of vocals really puts the pressure on the music, but I reckon if you layered it up you've definitely got the basis for a catchy song there.

Oh, I particularly like the riff that kicks in at around 1.45.

Mind listening to my work in progress?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21946629#post21946629